cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset

leezarddd
Honored Guest

how do you factory reset your quest without the app? I set an unlock pattern on my quest a while back, unfortunately i havent played in a while and so when i tried to i forgot the pattern. The app wont let me go to advanced setting to reset without the pattern and i cant change the pattern if i dont know the pattern. Is there a way to manually factory reset with the button on the headset?

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Leezarddd, you're following all of the right steps here, and we're happy to help you get back in your headset. You can in fact manually factory reset your headset!

Here are the steps for how to factory reset using your headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Factory Reset" and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Yes" and press the power button.

After you factory reset, you should be able to set your headset up again and get in without the unlock pattern!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

How do I pair my quest 2 to the app again after I already factory reset it. I

Not to worry! @beanboi42o!  We understand that you're having problems pairing your controllers after doing a factory reset. So let's get started right away so you can enjoy the VR world again. Before we begin troubleshooting, we'd want to ask you some questions to gain a better understanding:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
  • Were the controllers working before you perform the Factory reset?

If you haven't already, we'll provide some troubleshooting steps below for you to try:

• Take the batteries out for 30 minutes and reinsert them.
  • Swap the batteries with a new pair. (Make sure they're the same brand.)
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app.

If, after completing this, the issue continues, we strongly advise you to contact our fantastic support team.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello! Hope your day is good so far. We're just following up with you today to see if you were able to pair your controllers. Let us know if you still need assistance. We'll be here!