cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory resetting

Akilestar2466
Explorer

So I have a game that won't reinstall so when I factory reset the Oculus quest 2 I would like to know if all my games would be lost or if I can get them back somehow and just all my data be lost I mean I would rather not on my data  be lost but if I can get that one game back that would be nice I just don't want to lose all my games because I've spent a lot of money on them and most of them are very expensive and what I have to add all my friends back to if I factory reset it. 

7 REPLIES 7

JohhnyHell
Honored Guest

You just need to log in your account and you will have all your games and friends on the list , the only things you are going to be missing is what you have downloaded (all data on the head set ) .

Solliex
Explorer

I want to factory reset a headset whose display is broken (static non image pixels) so I can erase all content. this headset has permissions set to share games. I can not share games on my other headsets until I remove sharing on this broken one. Tired doing it a browser on computer but get error message with no number

Hey there Solliex! It appears that you are wanting to perform a Factory Reset and we'd love to assist you with that today! In order to perform a Factory Reset, please complete the following steps:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

The device should now begin the Factory Reset process. Feel free to reach back out to us if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I also have a similar issue, we actually factory reset the headset we are not going to use anymore. And set up our new headset, but the new headset will not allow us to app share because the old headset had app sharing enabled. So now what do we do to be able to share the apps between the 2 accounts we are using on the new headset (getting rid of the old headset so it's no longer in use).

Hey there @QueenEvaofGrim! We see you're having issues with app sharing, which is never fun. App sharing is an important feature for many users, we'll be happy to help disable this on your previous device for you! In order for us to manually disable app sharing, we may require some sensitive information from your account. Please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This just worked for us with a similar issue - I used my laptop and logged into my account and went to devices, and there it had both the device we factory reset and the new device and it said app sharing was disabled on both devices, so I enabled it on the new device and now it works. Although...I couldn't delete the old device...but I'll save that problem for later. 

Hey Lilspideybro, we're glad to hear it worked out for you! Thanks for reaching out to us via forums and if you have any other questions, feel free to make a new post so we can get a heads up. Happy gaming!