cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to start session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" error code 0xC0000035

thibmac
Honored Guest
Hello

I downloaded Oculus software since a few games are exclusive on the platform and I'm an Index owner, so I was going to setup my Oculus environment + Revive software for the compatibility.

Turns out the software makes a few other games unplayable.

I am having huge freezes on Rocket League (non-VR ofc), and I found with the windows this error popping 20 times each time I get those freezes ingame:

Failed to start session "OculusVadApoEventTrace" with error code 0xC0000035

(translated from a french log so it might me inaccurate)

Disabling the services doesn't fix the problem. 

Is there a way to prevent the zombie service from logging ? There's not a single process looking like Oculus running, I don't understand how the programe still tries to start processes or sessions even when disabled... 

The only fix right now is to simply uninstall the whole Oculus package. 

I'd like to buy a few non-steamVR games on there but I guess I'm gonna have to wait for a fix if I can't play other games on my PC.

Regards. 

2 REPLIES 2

byronhinson
Explorer

Did you ever figure this one out? Same error all through the logs

jacklul
Honored Guest

For anyone with this issue - try running "logman stop -ets OculusVadApoEventTrace" command in Windows command line or Power Shell (the command should show success message) and then checking if the error stopped spamming the event log.

If it didn't work I suggest uninstalling Oculus software and installing it again.