cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Incompatibility warning

1NIK
Honored Guest

After upgrading from RTX3080 to 3080Ti Quest 2 gives me warning "computer does not meet minimal requirements". Plays good though.  Another issue is frequent "tracking lost" message on start up, on and off, inspite of good lights. Has never happened in game. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Always happens with new gpu cards.  It takes a while for Oculus to catch up.  Just ignore the annoying warning message for now.  You should contact Oculus and inform them of this imho.  Hopefully they will add it to the list next update.

If you change hardware it may be a good idea to clear your guardian history and redo it.  I find I often need to do this after Oculus updates as well.  I've also found it useful to remove the controller batteries before restarting, then put them (fresh ones) back in after you start up, then redo your guardian.  Good luck mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Always happens with new gpu cards.  It takes a while for Oculus to catch up.  Just ignore the annoying warning message for now.  You should contact Oculus and inform them of this imho.  Hopefully they will add it to the list next update.

If you change hardware it may be a good idea to clear your guardian history and redo it.  I find I often need to do this after Oculus updates as well.  I've also found it useful to remove the controller batteries before restarting, then put them (fresh ones) back in after you start up, then redo your guardian.  Good luck mate.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers