cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error message

Alan2247
Explorer

I have just started getting the following error message on my Quest2. "Dash encountered a fatal error. Please reload dash to continue. Press any button to reload dash"  This seems to be an intermittent fault. It recently occurred when I was using FS2020 when it came and went in different parts of the viewing area. The headset is less than a year old. Any help welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It would seem that changing the batteries in the handset did the trick.  However, just after that was sorted I upgraded my computer and getting Oculus to work on my new set up was a bit of a nightmare. Luckily the Oculus help line was very good, and the problem was solved by separating my Facebook and Oculus accounts, thus enabling me to set up a new Oculus account.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Husckoo
Honored Guest

I started getting this yesterday too playing vrchat. 6 or 7 times yesterday whenever I removed the headset, once or twice when I was mid game.

Today it's happened even more and now it's unusable. I bought this a week ago.

Alan2247
Explorer

I have tried contacting Meta support about this but without much success. To my mind, they should be able to recognise the error message and give advice accordingly.  But no they ask for all sorts of screenshots etc. In the end, I gave it up as a bad job as the person on the other end of the chat line obviously did not have a clue. It just reinforces my decision to change to the HP Reverb as soon as they become available again.

From what I'm seeing reading other posts, it has to do with the controller batteries being too low. Which is absolutely stupid. Are you also getting the minified whatever error on the desktop?

Actually yes I am getting that minified message on the Oculus website.  The low batteries may be the clue as I am also getting a low battery warning for my right hand controller.  I will check that out when I get the chance. It sounds a bit implausible as you say but in the absence of any help from Oculus it will be worth a try.

It would seem that changing the batteries in the handset did the trick.  However, just after that was sorted I upgraded my computer and getting Oculus to work on my new set up was a bit of a nightmare. Luckily the Oculus help line was very good, and the problem was solved by separating my Facebook and Oculus accounts, thus enabling me to set up a new Oculus account.

Strangely enough, this worked for me. I changed the battery on one of the controllers and stopped getting this big error msgs... Thanks

Tips to Fix a Fatal Error

Search for the error code to find specific instructions. 
Update the software. 
Update the drivers. 
Uninstall any recently installed programs. 
Restore Windows to an earlier state. 
Disable unnecessary background programs. 
Delete temporary files. 
Free up space on the hard drive.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

skippywood545
Honored Guest

I'm going to post this on every single post I find if the fatal error happens when you try to start a Party or try to call someone using Social you need to on computer go to settings and go to the Accounts Center and Set up your Horizon and Facebook accounts to be together and one in the same this is not a Default work despite signing up with a Facebook acount

Hey there, @skippywood545! We're always glad to see our community helping each other out! If anybody is having issues with this feel free to send us a PM or tag us in a comment/post, we'll be more than happy to help out! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!