When I press agree to the terms and conditions it says: "Can't connect. Looks like we can't reach the oculus server. Please check your connection." I cannot fix it. I went to my dads shit computer with windows 10 on it, and the program installed fine. I literally have a 550$ paperweight now instead of an oculus.
Tried: running as admin clearing disk space to greater than 5gb on C: drive stopping both firewall and antivirus (windows, and avast) installing all windows updates to current date. updating graphics drivers (tried these things in a bunch of combinations with no result)
specs: i7 4770k 3.5ghz intel processor 16gb 2400mhz dual channel corsair vengeance ram asus z87-c motherboard asus gtx 1060 6gb dual fan graphics (VR ready) coolermaster 700 watt power supply windows 7 home premium 64 bit (fully updated as of Aug 2nd 2017)
I have my operating system on the ssd C: drive which is a 64GB SSD drive. (I have tried to install the program with almost 6gb free) I have my files and programs installed to my F: drive which is a 2TB western digital black drive. No matter what I do I can't install the oculus program on my new computer.
My disk was basic. Also tried updating .net framework. Didn't work. I WENT TO MY LOCAL COMPUTER SHOP AND GOT A BRAND NEW SSD INSTALLED, AND MY DRIVE COPIED ON TO IT. EVEN THAT DIDN'T WORK. 390GB FREE SPACE ON THIS ONE.
*HERE IS THE FIX*
Run the oculus setup through the command prompt and type a certain command after it. I had to take it to my local computer repair shop, and the genius there came up with the ultimate solution. he said he typed something like -nofilesetup or something along those lines JUST after the command to run oculussetup.exe. So the ultimate workaround is through command prompt so something like "c:/Desktop/OculusSetup.exe -nofilesetup" or "c:/Desktop/OculusSetup -no file setup". The guy at the computer repair shop couldnt remember the exact function he typed in to command prompt but it FIXED my oculus setup. I will phone the place and try and get more information on what exactly was typed in to command prompt to help everyone having this issue.