cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Updated Win 10 Anniversary and then......

BrockKane
Expert Protege
Wow, I am just shocked! It seems every Rift user is not having problems with Win 10 Anniversary Update since the fix. No more talk, no more conversations about it. 

So, I thought I was safe to go ahead and do it! Wow, was I wrong!

Same F'ing thing! Xbox controller turns on for 2 seconds then shuts off.

So, I said screw it. Rolled back to previous Windows version again so my Xbox controller would work for my Rift! Yes, after trying all the solutions that seemed to work for everyone else too! Gave that all a chance before I got so frustrated I punched my monitor! I didn't punch my monitor, but I was close!

Now I am back to using my Rift with no issues. But now another dilemma! I purchased Forza Horizon 3. But this game requires Win 10 Anniversary Update to play!

I guess I'm really stuck. Wasted $60 for this game for now! 
19 REPLIES 19

christopherbarn
Adventurer
I'm still having problems too, but I guess I just got tired posting about it since that hasn't helped...

cybereality
Grand Champion
On one of my PCs, I keep getting Xbox One controller disconnects (maybe once every 5 - 10 minutes) and I don't even have a Rift plugged in or any Oculus software installed. So it may just be an issue specific to Windows.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

BrockKane said:

[snip]

Same F'ing thing! Xbox controller turns on for 2 seconds then shuts off.

So, I said screw it. Rolled back to previous Windows version again so my Xbox controller would work for my Rift! Yes, after trying all the solutions that seemed to work for everyone else too! Gave that all a chance before I got so frustrated I punched my monitor! I didn't punch my monitor, but I was close!

[snip]

I had a problem with Xbox controller shutting off after updating to Anniversary, which seems to have been fixed by re-synchronising with the dongle.

Start the dongle synchronising, power on the controller and before it shuts off start it synchronising?

Might be worth trying if you haven't already.

Anonymous
Not applicable
re synchronising with dongle fixed the controller issue for me.

christopherbarn
Adventurer
Oh, it's definitely an issue with windows. Mine disconnects after 2 seconds after I reboot and Oculus Home has not even started. Same result on my laptop where I haven't even installed any Oculus software.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Did you guys do the firmware update on the XB1 controller? That should fix the disconnect issue. Details.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

christopherbarn
Adventurer
Yes I've done firmware update. I've tried every trick mentioned on the forums. I've spent 5+ hours with microsoft techs hacking my computer remotely. I've danced naked under a full moon after bury half a potato under a tree blessed by a monk. I've installed and uninstalled win 10 aniv edition more times than I can count.

Fredd32
Adventurer
My xbox controller was disconecting immediately after the anniversary update too. Re-paired with the dongle worked for me and no issues since.

BrockKane
Expert Protege
Thanks guys, yeah tried all these again. I've reinstalled Win 10 Anniv. Still same thing, Pretty much what christopherbarnhouse said I've tried. Except the "dancing naked under a full moon after bury half a potato under a tree blessed by a monk"

Haven't tried that one yet.