cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Setup without Touch Controllers

quest2ques
Honored Guest

So I have a Quest 2 without Controllers. After Hard Reset I used the phone app to activate developer mode and used Oculus Developer Hub to access and install apps . I thought that would be enough to play with some Godot Engine. But after I updated to the firmware v42... this was fixed and you can't turn on the Developer Mode until the First Setup is finished. Now my controllerless Quest 2 is a useless brick.

Is there any chance to skip the Controllers Pairing screen without looking for someone in internet willing to help me pair his controllers to my Quest(unlikely to happen) for one single time to be able to use it?

5 REPLIES 5

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@quest2ques I just want to begin with, what happened to your controllers? Are they not working right? Is there some sort of powering issue with them?

Did you try to reach out to support maybe? 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I bought it second hand without controllers. I already have a quest 1, and I was kind of waiting for project cambria to see what it is. But I found this quest 2 without controllers for 100 euros, and found a way to use adb to bypass the controllers connection screen of the first time configuration. And I loved it. I hate charging  the controllers batteries, and I hate that they need dedicated space. Just the headset without controllers is so much fun.

But I guess the developers used my telemetry to find out and "fixed" this in firmware v42. I updated and did a hard reset... how dumb of me to do these both things while everything was working so great. Now the developer mode can be activated only after finishing the first time configuration, even Oculus Development Hub is connecting through bluetooth only after the controllers are connected. I don't think early Developer Mode access was a security issue, i guess they did it just in case. Anyway no more fun for me.

I've got some suggestions to find some local Quest 2 owner and ask him to use his controllers to finish the configuration and make it again usable... but just thinking about this gives me anxiety. That's why I hope there is some other way around to enjoy my Quest 2 again(I'm far away from home for some time right now, and only have my hard reseted quest 2, without a way to bypass the controllers pairing screen).

Sorry for this wall of text.

I'm in the same boat buddy

Cgenovese83
Honored Guest

Did you ever figure this out I am in the same boat 

Hi there! We know the inconvenience this is creating. And we want to have you in VR with us!

You can submit a ticket, get on a live chat, or even schedule a phone call with one of our extraordinary agents.  

And we can work together to get started in getting you back on.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?