cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Oculus Quest 2 buyer, have some questions about some accessories I want to purchase.

vr666noob
Explorer

1. The Cord that goes from the OQ2 to my PC. I have a GTX 1070ti, and althought it's fine for OQ2, I will be replacing it with an RTX 3080 several months from now, which will be when I'll actually be able to purchase one. But after looking at the specs of all the different versions of the 3080 cards, I've noticed that they have nothing but display ports and HDMI ports on the back. There are no Type-C ports! So, since the cord I'd get in the accessories section on this website is a Type-C to Type-C, how on earth do I go about plugging it into an RTX 3080 when I finally get one? Also the GPU that I currently have has no type-C ports...just display ports and HDMI ports. Is there a different cord I can get? If so, what is it, and where do I get it? I plan to utilize steam VR content as much as content that I can use on the VR headset that doesn't require plugging it into my PC. 

2. I need to replace the foam facial interface because I plan on doing exercise type gaming and it's gonna get nasty with the foam. Thanks to youtube, I've learned that with the other Oculus VR headsets, there are leather face interfaces I can get....AND...there are interfaces that I can attach those leather interfaces to that have vents on the top that greatly reduce and even eliminate fogging. ...I want those! My question is, that if I got these interfaces that are meant for the Oculus 1 VR headsets, will they fit onto the Oculus Quest 2 VR headsets? If not, where can I get these for the Oculus Quest 2?

5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP
You don't need a graphics card USB-C, any USB-C port should work. A lot of motherboards have a single USB-C port.
If not, you can also use a Type-A to Type-C cable.
It's hard to get a cheap cable as long as the official Link cable (which is fibre optic for data and copper for power), but shorter cheap cables should work fine.
I just started Link on my Quest using a 3m long $4 Type-A to Type-C phone cable I bought from Aliexpress. Working fine. I do have the official 5m Link cable, I was just testing.

It's not out yet, but coming soon.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

vr666noob
Explorer
awesome, thanks! I saved that link to favorites and will get it as soon as it comes out.

On the issue of connecting the Oculus Quest 2 to my PC:
If I understand you right, then am I correct to assume that means I can just get one of those Type-C to usb 3.0 Type-A adapters on amazon? If I'm right, then I can just pre order the Type-C to Type-C connector that's advertised on this website, and then go to amazon and get that adapter. 

vr666noob
Explorer
Today I discovered a really freaking cool accessory. It's called "glisco magni stock". Am I correct to assume that I need to just wait for an Oculus Quest 2 version of it to come out, or can I get the 73.00 one that's on amazon that's originally meant for the Oculus Rift S and original Quest?

kojack
MVP
MVP

vr666noob said:

awesome, thanks! I saved that link to favorites and will get it as soon as it comes out.

On the issue of connecting the Oculus Quest 2 to my PC:
If I understand you right, then am I correct to assume that means I can just get one of those Type-C to usb 3.0 Type-A adapters on amazon? If I'm right, then I can just pre order the Type-C to Type-C connector that's advertised on this website, and then go to amazon and get that adapter. 

Maybe. I've never tried a Type-C to Type-A adapter with it, so not sure if there would be a problem. But I've used a couple of different Type-A to Type-C cables and they work. The $4 cable did seem pretty jittery, but I haven't used Link for a while anyway, might have been a different issue.

For the Glistco stock thingy, I'd hold off until more about the Quest 2 is known. The controllers are a hybrid of the original CV1 Touch and the newer Rift-S/Quest Touch. We don't know the exact dimensions though, the handle part that the Glistco fits on may be different sized to both CV1 and Rift-S.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

vr666noob
Explorer
oh ok, thanks!