cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed black after login issue, but now I'm stuck on having to create a password for my oculus acount

fayaflai
Protege

Lots of people have been stuck on the black screen after selecting your avatar. For that, there is a fix here:

But now I'm stuck again. Every time I want to play a game, it tells me to take the headsett off for an "imporant" update. Then I'm greeted with this prompt to update my password, for whatever reason.
It say's I'm getting an email, but that email is nowhere to be found. i checked spam.

fayaflai_0-1616789863461.png

Anyone know if there is another place where i can yeet this unneeded password so the thing allows me to play?

cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DARKEHOUND
Honored Guest

Been following this thread since last night. I performed the fix in the OPs provided link. Same issue.
I went ahead and just performed a repair to see what it would do. Fixed the interruption. Give it shot!
I contacted support previously and it seems to be a wide spread issue. Im guessing they aim to fix it on a update.
Hope this helped!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

fayaflai
Protege

I tried to inpuit the password in the app, but i need a password for that, which I dont have. 

I tried my facebook password, but that doesnt work. I also tried no password.

fayaflai_0-1616790223501.png

karnage102
Explorer

im currently in the same boat now

ScarTheFur
Explorer

Yup same thing.  Oculus really is a train wreck for me.

JuggsMcBulge27
Explorer

Stuck here now as well. What a **bleep** show

Viper_96Z
Explorer

I uninstalled all of it, and reinstalled the latest version, seemed to do the trick for me!

I'll try it when I get home

DARKEHOUND
Honored Guest

Been following this thread since last night. I performed the fix in the OPs provided link. Same issue.
I went ahead and just performed a repair to see what it would do. Fixed the interruption. Give it shot!
I contacted support previously and it seems to be a wide spread issue. Im guessing they aim to fix it on a update.
Hope this helped!

This worked for me too! Thanks!

what do u mean by "performed a repair" where you do that at? thankyou!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?