cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Sale Cannot Buy Gaming Essentials Pack Error 2078011

davidroom
Protege

Hi all

Really annoying error - getting a purchase failed  error message 2078011 error when trying to buy the flash sale bundle. I have two of the apps. 

Never had an issue before with part bundle purchases. But it seems it is fairly common from a quick search, but support do not seem to have an answer why this happens?

Anyone else got this issue? So annoying as I’ve been waiting for some of these titles to go on sale for months! And the 2 day SLA for support response is not going to cut it before the sale runs out in 12 hours 😞 

3108ADE6-6161-4669-965C-5E88B762C951.png

56 REPLIES 56

It’s still up! Snag it

I take it back!! It does now work. Better late than never. Thank you for fixing the issue.

LadaRhodes
Honored Guest

It worked

davidroom
Protege

If true that is SO UNFAIR!

No way I could try again as I am in the Uk and that was 5 in the morning!

I am raging! They could have extended the sale a few hours!!!!

MiagiQc
Honored Guest

Same here.

I tried to buy it all day yesterday from the mobile app (Android), the web or the headset and it would always fail when entering the PIN number to confirm the purchase. Already own 3 of the games (Pop One, Super Hot ans Pistol Whip) but really wanted Arizona Sunshine to play with my brother. Went to bed at around midnight EST. My brother texted me at 12h40 EST to tell he was able to complete the purchase...

What a mess.

mrossman5
Protege

Incredibly frustrated that I missed it. Hopefully, I'll get some compensation from support. 

mrossman5
Protege

Has anyone who was not lucky enough to get the bundle before the deal ran out get their ticket resolved yet? Were you able to get the bundle?

pexagor
Honored Guest

I was able to get it before the deal ran out, but I also had opened a ticket to them and I got this reply the next day

"

Hello Peter, 

Thank you for contacting Oculus Support. I will be glad to assist you today. 

I understand you were unable to purchase the gaming essentials pack for an unknown reason and you are getting an error code. There has been an issue with this pack, as customers such as yourself, were not able to finalize their purchase. However, I have been told that this issue has been fixed. And I also confirm that the purchase has been made on the account. 

If you still are still facing this issue, please contact me again. I'd be glad to help!

Here at FRL Support, we continuously seek ways to improve our service. To ensure that we are providing the best customer service experience, you will soon receive a survey asking for your feedback. The survey should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete.

Kind regards,

Chandrakanth Reddy
Oculus Support  | Facebook Reality Labs

"

so for those who opened a ticket I think that oculus team could have let them buy the kit

Thank you for this. Hopefully I’ll get an email soon. 

davidroom
Protege

Hi all

So I didn’t get to buy the pack. My ticket is still unresolved. They mailed to ask me if I managed to buy it after it got fixed (similar email to the above but don’t see why they can’t tell that I didn’t get it from my account history!).

On confirming that I could not buy it due to being asleep in the middle of the night, the agent replied saying there was nothing he could do. Great. The only hope is, he has escalated the case to his manager for review. 

Since then I have heard nothing and it has gone quiet, despite two further prompts from me. I really think we should not let this go, it’s so unfair!