cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU clock wont go over 450 MHz.

Verdant
Explorer
So i have an R7 370, Which is know is UNDER the recommended specs, but i really cant afford to pick up a new video card for the foreseeable future. When i play most games my gpu clock goes to 1150 MHz but for some reason anything with Oculus it never goes over 450. not really sure what to do about it.
5 REPLIES 5

Blyss4226
Rising Star
Use something like MSI afterburner to force it to clock up. I.E. you can just set the clock a tiny little bit(like 10mhz) above the "normal" max clock and apply that to keep it clocked up.

Rocket League sometimes fails to clock up my GPU from 300 and I get issues because of that and this is what I do.
Gaming: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz | R9 290 | 16GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 1 TB HDD Server: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.4Ghz | GT 610 | 8GB RAM | 240GB SSD | 320GB HDD

Thijssss
Explorer
Run Oculus Home, unplug the Rift HDMI, wait 3 seconds, plug it back in .. see if the speed goes up as it should.

Verdant
Explorer
been messing with it a few days, Interestingly Unplugging the rift and plugging it back in jumps the clock speed to 950. but it completely ignored any settings i put into MSI afterburner or any other GPU control app... starting to think it may be a PSU issue, might buy a new one and switch it out to see

opamp
Protege

Verdant said:

been messing with it a few days, Interestingly Unplugging the rift and plugging it back in jumps the clock speed to 950. but it completely ignored any settings i put into MSI afterburner or any other GPU control app... starting to think it may be a PSU issue, might buy a new one and switch it out to see

It apears to be a known issue https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35571/oculus-apps-ignoring-amd-gpu-overclock-settings...
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.

opamp
Protege

Verdant said:

overclocking apears to be a known issue.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/35571/oculus-apps-ignoring-amd-gpu-overclock-settings...
DK2. Phenom 2 x4 4.2GHz,Asrock Extreme 3 970,8GB DDR3 1600, R9 270x 1180/1400.