cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game is stuck "installing" and cannot bypass or cancel our way out of it...

D3C4D3S
Explorer

We recently purchased Blades and Sorcery Nomad on our Oculus Quest 2. Since then, it's been "installing", going on several days now. We've tried to cancel the install with no luck on finding a way to do so, refund the purchase via Oculus app, tried uninstalling other games/apps in hopes freeing up space would help with the installation process...  Nothing works as far as what would seem a common, simple fix. He's able to play other downloaded games already on his quest but can't do anything else as they become "queued" behind the installation in progress. He's unable to play any online games that's needing updates as they too become queued. Any thoughts or info out there about this...? I figured a factory reset would be the final effort- but would he still be able to redownload purchased games? What all would be lost vs saved in a reset if it were to come to this...?

I'm just a mom trying to help her kid, so any basic layman's explanation will help me greatly. Thank you all so much for any suggestions you may have.

46 REPLIES 46

Yes you could loose all save data. Depends if the game has cloud save enabled or not. And that the data has been synced correctly.

But please try to find a computer instead, install Sidequest, and follow the instructions in the link above instead.

Unity XR Developer

markyMarc101
Explorer

Having this problem with Fitxr. Can't install or update any other apps. Can't believe a factory reset is only solution to this. What a joke. Already angry to fb as there is a problem with the pc oculus store where many people can no longer access games they already paid for. 

No it's not the only sollution. You can also as we already suggested here follow these instructions and empty the data in com.oculus.ocms app. Takes 2 min in total if you have Sidequest installed already. (but yeah, it still sucks you need to do this)

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jlnhjg/quest_game_stuck_at_installing_blocking_all_oth...

Unity XR Developer

will it remove all the data in games if you do a factory reset

Yes your progress could get erased. It depends if the game supports cloud save, and that the data has been save successfully to the cloud. Most of the time, the data will be saved though. You can probably check if the game supports cloud save on the store page. But there is no need for a factory reset. Please see my answer above.

Unity XR Developer

I tried the hard reboot and it just said no command. 

TantineFlux
Honored Guest

*DO NOT FACTORY RESET* - That Oculus recommends a full reset of a device to resolve such a small issue (that has existed for this long) is embarrassing.  Follow the information that @SanCity has provided.  Download SideQuest (to a computer, not your Oculus device), update your Oculus account so that you are a "developer" and have this fixed in 5 minutes.  (https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jlnhjg/quest_game_stuck_at_installing_blocking_all_oth...)

So i play with one hand on vr because my right one does not work i factory reset my oculus and now i cant complete the setup so i cant play.Is there a way to skip the setup?

Terrible solution, pls fix this bug. Should have been 101 to have an option to force quit on processes and force uninstall

The Oculus team needs to find a better Alternative then Factory resetting the System... Lots of work goes into completing these games and losing all progress really shouldn't be your go to suggestion. its been 2 months since this post surely an attempt to patch this error would have been done and were still seeing it..... Should be a simple matter of adding a way to be able to cancel the Installing....

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?