cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting White Flashes?

Rowan_
Honored Guest
So recently, I started getting rapid white flashes in my lenses. They occur regardless of apps and in oculus home, and vary in intensity and frequency. Sometimes they are absent for a short time, but when present they can be seen without having the headset on.
I've updated my graphics cards and there's no update available in oculus, does anyone know what's going wrong?
Any help is greatly appreciated. ❤️
20 REPLIES 20

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
are we all referring to the random but kind of rare white noise flashes?  Ive been getting them since launch.

RodDawg117
Explorer

Arock387 said:

are we all referring to the random but kind of rare white noise flashes?  Ive been getting them since launch.

Random for me has been consistently within 3 minutes of each other sometimes more. And i’m beginning to suspect the random blurring/tearing i’m experiencing Is also limited to the HMD. I’ll be strapping the webcam across my face the next time I run some tests to confirm.

fyi I also have an open ticket regarding the flashes, once I do some tests I may include the blur/tear to it.

What else are you all seeing? Sometimes my hands go all wiggly, and so does the oculus menu console-like menu when I move around it. Goes all wavy on me with a loss in FPS

Anonymous
Not applicable
The way I see all the issues is they are accumulating, white flashes after 1 week, blackscreen crashes in some games follows, hand tracking gets stuck outside your guardian, grey outs in some games (perhaps related to using high settings of FX & VOLUMETRIC e.g. in Elite which are intended for Photo qualities or RTX ability of Ray Tracing) and then ultimately BLACKSCREEN in Setup but has Audio! 
It's now either dead or has gone to SLEEP and can not WAKEUP. Perhaps still a conflict with onboard INTEL GPU as was with Nvidia 411 Driver.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same. I First thought that it was relativ to the application. First time I reaslised this issue on american truck simulator. But then i realised it also on other games. Is that issue Hardware related? 

RodDawg117
Explorer

lars1969 said:

I have the same. I First thought that it was relativ to the application. First time I reaslised this issue on american truck simulator. But then i realised it also on other games. Is that issue Hardware related? 

At the moment it appears to be HMD related. Oculus recommended I try the beta version of the oculus software which I will do in the coming weeks as my schedule allows. I'll probably watch and update this thread as this process progresses.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working with the beta there was no changes...the issue still exist 

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would even be better if they made the White Flashes BLACK FLASHES 😄
Was it the same person who designed the ICECREAM CONE? (so it drips all over your fingers on a nice sunny day!)

RodDawg117
Explorer
I don’t know about you all but i’m Still getting flashes.

RodDawg117
Explorer
So one of the two recent updates fixed my flash issue, anyone else seeing some love?

realjetro007
Honored Guest

I'm having this problem in 2022! did anyone ever find any fixes?