cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an Error in Oculus Sample Framework Project

plyrek
Protege
Getting the following error with the Oculus Sample Framework Project.

Assets/OVRInspector/Scripts/OVRRenderTrackerFrustum.cs(184,57): error CS1061: Type `OVRTracker' does not contain a definition for `frustum' and no extension method `frustum' of type `OVRTracker' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am using 1.3 runtime and have installed the OVRPlugin_Unity5_1.3.0 files and the ovr_unity_utilities_1.3.0 download. Whether or not I did that right is another story. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am trying to create and .exe file that will work with the oculus 1.3 runtime. The download one does not seem to.
5 REPLIES 5

Rommel85
Honored Guest
same error here.. lets hope anyone can show us the light 😃

fathomable
Honored Guest
Had the same result with the OculusSampleFrameworkProject_1.0.0 released on 8th of March, I have a feeling it has been obsoleted with the release of the 1.3 runtime, but it would be nice to get that officially confirmed?. Especially since that download is listed above the newer one on the Downloads page.
The OculusUtilities_SDKExamples_1.3.0 package released on 28th of March works OK and seems to cover at least some of the same ground, but... 
Using DK2 here. 

ocramot
Honored Guest
I had that problem too. I simply replaced the line 184 of OVRRenderTrackerFrustum:

OVRTracker.Frustum frustum = OVRManager.tracker.frustum;

with:

OVRTracker.Frustum frustum = OVRManager.tracker.GetFrustum();

and the compile error was gone.

plyrek
Protege
Thank you for the info ocramot!

ocramot said:

I had that problem too. I simply replaced the line 184 of OVRRenderTrackerFrustum:

OVRTracker.Frustum frustum = OVRManager.tracker.frustum;

with:

OVRTracker.Frustum frustum = OVRManager.tracker.GetFrustum();

and the compile error was gone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
this also worked for me. Thank you