cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card not compatible

StachuByq
Honored Guest

Hello. I've been able to play with Oculus Link for a few hours until it just gave up and didn't want to do anything because of the graphics card not being compatible for some reason.

It started happening after trying to wirelesly pair the headset with the computer and after that it just says that.

I have a RTX 3050Ti mobile which should be able to run it pretty well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there! We understand you're concerned because you were able to play with Oculus Link for a while before receiving an error message. If you check out our Link compatibility article, you'll see that the 3050ti is not recommended for use with Link. We hope this information helps clear things up for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Bendit74
MVP
MVP

It has been established that the "mobile" versions of GPUs are hit or miss.

You can try making sure that your GPU is the preferred GPU in Windows (and not the onboard crappy Intel video, for example).

Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM - nVidia GTX 1070 Amp Edition 8GB GDDR5. Link Cable.

Lots of people report have compatibility troubles with the 3050Ti but the app usually flat-out refuses to play with it. You aren't using Windows 11 are you? Thats another unsupprted thing.

My 3050Ti is set as the preffered GPU and I even "forced" the app to use that GPU

I'm on Windows 10 and the app worked fine until I airlinked my Quest with my laptop

Hey there! We understand you're concerned because you were able to play with Oculus Link for a while before receiving an error message. If you check out our Link compatibility article, you'll see that the 3050ti is not recommended for use with Link. We hope this information helps clear things up for you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, thanks for the answer but the app didn't link me there. It linked me to here instead. Maybe that article would be more fitting for that instead of the one thats linked in the app. Also will the 3050 and 3050Ti be supported? In another reply you said that the Oculus team was working with Nvidia on it. Any updates?

Actually, the page linked to by Support states that RTX 30- series (all) ARE supported. If you are going to link to your own support pages, at least make sure they back up what you are saying.

NomadsAnIsland
Heroic Explorer

The page in question says this:

*Please Note: NVIDIA 3050 (laptop) and 3050ti GPUs are not recommended for use with Link.

Blacknight49
Honored Guest

I have a 6900 video card in my system and a 390 as a Secondary card. ( The 6900 card is the main card )I just update from windows 10 to windows 11 . Everything worked fine under windows 10. Now when I try to use air link I am getting Graphics card not compatible. What is the fix