cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI Not Being Detected on Laptop

P11779922
Level 2
Basically just bought a Oculus Rift VR Bundle, too use it on my gaming-laptop. It’s a Lenovo, and it meets the criteria to use play VR. But when I was setting it up, the HDMI wasn’t detected, so I could not progress. I know, that you’re meant to put the HDMI directly into the graphics card, but I simply can’t do that, because it’s a laptop. If you can help me, then please respond! I really don’t want to feel like I have wasted my money.
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Level 16
Does your laptop have any other video ports, such as DisplayPort? You may want to connect Rift to that, like with a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, to see if that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

P11779922
Level 2
I bought it in Denmark... so no.

KlodsBrik
Level 11
DP = Display port, it´s a standard like hdmi or dvi.
 Would help if you wrote which laptop model you have ?

Der er ofte problemer med bærbare computere og hmd´s da skærmporten ofte ikke har direkte adgang til det dedikerede grafikkort ( 1060, 1070 etc.), men ofte går igennem intelchipsettet.
 Se om du i bios har adgang til at "disable hybrid/intel graphics", da dette kan gøre at din hdmi port kan tilgå din gpu direkte.

Desværre kan det også sagtens være at din bærbare slet ikke er kompatibel med rift, men kast lige modelnummeret på din bærbare, så vi kan slå det op.
Be good, die great !

iexplorer
Level 2
ok, I am joining this discussion because just got a message after 4 months of playing that the HDMI cable was not plugged in.  I checked and it was right where I inserted it.  I unplugged and replugged it in and all was fine. this is a new issue for the first time.  I have a very good gaming computer, that was a gift brand new out of the box,   top of the line.  I was not able to afford but really is amazing.  too much for me and I am just learning any tips to prevent this from future.  I will add that I left the computer on all night with all the oculus accessories plugged in.  Something I usually do not do.  I have the computer in a climate controlled room with excellent ventilation 68 degrees constant, there is no overheating. etc.  

iexplorer
Level 2

Does your laptop have any other video ports, such as DisplayPort? You may want to connect Rift to that, like with a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, to see if that helps.

iexplorer
Level 2
yes, I have a display port, I have the converter to USB for the headset in that one.  I could try that, I will get the converter for the future.  I have Alienware laptop,
there are only 2 USB ports, one display port, and one HDMI port,