cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI not connected

Riegel
Explorer
OOOOOOH but it is.....

Card is a new out of box GTX 1080. Runs my monitor fine. Hook up Oculus and Oculus says its HDMI isn't plugged in. Anyone else getting this? Any fix?
I see a lot of people are using a HDMI > DVID adapter to fix this but I don't have one.
So far support is "Looking into the problem."
After seeing these forums I just hope when it does get to working there isn't a dead lens or dead pixels :neutral: 
17 REPLIES 17

bo3b
Expert Protege
Just discovered my HDMI pins are bent too.  Has been working OK for the last 1.5 months, but I can only use an DVI->HDMI adapter.  It doesn't work if I plug it directly into the HDMI connector on my GTX 970.  

There has been some discussion of damaged pins, I thought I'd take the time to show you what this can look like, and still function via the adapter.

In this shot, you can clearly see three missing pins in the top row.

1wq99uoy0wnt.jpg

The full connector, you can see the bent pins.

u8dbac5aj9it.jpg

Here's the connector flipped, and the two pins are smashed into the bottom of the connector.

8qwkaoiavzos.jpg

Normally I fix this sort of stuff, but these are sufficiently bent I'm not sure I can get these back, and am hesitant that they are still making mostly correct contact.

I've put in a request with support, and we did the usual stupid dance of 'plug and unplug both ends', even after sending these photos.  But anyway, as of today I'm now I'm in Oculus Support limbo.  I'll set my expectation at more than a month for next response, and maybe get a new cable some day.  

This sort of thing should be a slam-dunk for support, but I've read that it takes a very long time.  I mean, after these photos, is there any question in anyone's mind that I need a new cable?  I'll report back.

Riegel
Explorer
New cable fixed all problems.

Genie52
Explorer

Riegel said:

hope it will last. B)

bo3b
Expert Protege

Riegel said:

Good to know, thanks for the update.  

Still no word from support for my cable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Rift has been having issues with an intermittent HDMI connection over the last couple of weeks.  (It is NOT the computer)  I tend to move my system more than others, so more connecting and disconnecting of the HDMI.  I just looked and my HMDI pins are now bent and I will need to get them repaired.  I tweaked the bad one back into place and the Rift can connect now, but the problem is degenerative with the connector now.   I will need to get my cable fixed.  I may just do it myself if I can get the wiring table.  I don't want to put a weak connector back on.  Hopefully Oculus will look into this and see if there is a quality issue here.  I am an engineer and very careful with my equipment.  The pins should not be bent.  Those above that talk about an intermittent problem should look at their HDMI pins.  Bent ones can damage the female receptacle on that very expensive graphics board you have to run the Rift. 

g3wemz648b1y.jpgwell well well. Nice job cadets! It might be safe to say this is a cause of " Checking Connects" The rift is such a terd that we are forever pushing and pulling for that perfect connection. And as reality wood have it, the sands of time caught up with that very thing they tell us to do. " run through your contacts" lol. Excellent work !
https://twitter.com/zafrius// 
Usually there lol

bo3b said:

Just discovered my HDMI pins are bent too.  Has been working OK for the last 1.5 months, but I can only use an DVI->HDMI adapter.  It doesn't work if I plug it directly into the HDMI connector on my GTX 970.  

There has been some discussion of damaged pins, I thought I'd take the time to show you what this can look like, and still function via the adapter.

In this shot, you can clearly see three missing pins in the top row.

1wq99uoy0wnt.jpg

The full connector, you can see the bent pins.

u8dbac5aj9it.jpg

Here's the connector flipped, and the two pins are smashed into the bottom of the connector.

8qwkaoiavzos.jpg

Normally I fix this sort of stuff, but these are sufficiently bent I'm not sure I can get these back, and am hesitant that they are still making mostly correct contact.

I've put in a request with support, and we did the usual stupid dance of 'plug and unplug both ends', even after sending these photos.  But anyway, as of today I'm now I'm in Oculus Support limbo.  I'll set my expectation at more than a month for next response, and maybe get a new cable some day.  

This sort of thing should be a slam-dunk for support, but I've read that it takes a very long time.  I mean, after these photos, is there any question in anyone's mind that I need a new cable?  I'll report back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When you see it?
I saw it! 
On day 3 of course. after making a new, whatever, I was excited to see my Oculus rift Headset to running flawlessly. The twisting and bending is rigorous to the cycle of the system. If you are like me, you should stock up.
I was noodling with the Headset cable and never thought the worst. But it was the cable the hole time.

All that's glittering and weird tracking issues, all gone. No software glitches, just the twisting. (NO TWISTING)
Make a custom cable! I never could fine the schematics of the Oculus Headset cable.
It's an interface. I think. Just be prepared if you use the Oculus for working.
 I wood pays $500.00 for just the bare components.

https://twitter.com/zafrius// 
Usually there lol

javila425
Explorer
Hey guys I have found the solution!!! After doing everything I saw on the trouble shoot list and one I compiled myself reading forums I found the answer. 

You have to To first update the oculus app, the hardware in the oculus app, the firmware in the oculus app, the Microsoft Windows itself and even allllllll this didn’t work. 

THAN I FOUND THE ANSWER! 

YOU HAVE TO UPDATE THE GRAPHICS CARD SYSTEM!!! I have a radeon 580 or something like that (I’m computer illiterate) and there’s was a new update as of a few days ago. Once I updated graphics card my hdmi problems went away!!! 

Hope this helps!!!  ‘