cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI not connected

Riegel
Level 3
OOOOOOH but it is.....

Card is a new out of box GTX 1080. Runs my monitor fine. Hook up Oculus and Oculus says its HDMI isn't plugged in. Anyone else getting this? Any fix?
I see a lot of people are using a HDMI > DVID adapter to fix this but I don't have one.
So far support is "Looking into the problem."
After seeing these forums I just hope when it does get to working there isn't a dead lens or dead pixels :neutral: 
17 REPLIES 17

inovator
Level 12
The problem with the dvid solution even if it works for some people is it may degrade the experience especially the sound. to get surround sound you need hdmi on both ends. 

Riegel
Level 3
Still not working even with the adapter.

Dogfrommars
Level 2
Any update on this? just installed my new 1080 today and getting same problem. updated all drivers, no change. Totally removed all drivers and oculus software and started from fresh. still same issue.

there is no problem with the oculus unit itself though, as I then reinstalled my old graphics card and it detected hdmi with no problems. (GeForce 670sli)

have also ordered an adapter which will come tomorrow, but after the last post I don't hold out much faith. 

ironic that the Geforce 1080 has VRready stamped on the box, and after selling my firstborn to buy it, I cannot use it for VR

Riegel
Level 3
After further investigation I found the pins on the headsets HDMI cable were bent. I am currently talking to support to resolve this issue. I have seen many other with the same HDMI bent pin issue and some are claiming the bent pins have actually damaged their graphics cards. I would check for this problem immediately before damaging your new 1080.

Dogfrommars
Level 2
Thanks.  I was lucky in that my HDMI cable was fine. got over my problem by using the adapter. (hope you get yours sorted soon)

toxrat
Level 2
I also have that problem. It's connected but can't be detected.
I connected one or my two screens to the HDMI and it is detected without any problem. So the problem is not in my GPU.
Some tea when I launch the oculus app, there's actually nothing wrong at all.

I realised that disconnecting the Rift USB or just restarting the Rift using the oculus app got everything to work. So far is working for me.

There might be a problem with some people's HDMI cables. But I think the oculus firmware might need an update.

akgraphx
Level 2
i just got my new pc today with a 1080 and my rift wont detect the HDMI part?  wtf this is a joke, does anyone have a solution?

Redwalljp
Level 3
Try resetting your Rift/computer. I got the no HDMI detected yesterday after having used the Rift over the weekend. The only thing that occurred before the error was my computer shutting down the previous day, and me starting it to play EV. A simple reset later and I was back in business.

Riegel
Level 3

akgraphx said:

i just got my new pc today with a 1080 and my rift wont detect the HDMI part?  wtf this is a joke, does anyone have a solution?

check the pins on your HDMI they might be bent like mine and could damage your gtx 1080.