cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ! There's not any code during the phone pairing

SheytoN
Honored Guest

Hello,

I have an Oculus Quest for almost 2 years and all was good until today.

I've got a new phone (S22 Ultra - Android 12) so I tried to pair my phone with my headset because I wanted to mirror my headset, but everytime I try I have to write a code that should be in the headset but I can't see any code into it. I tried many times, sometimes really close to the router, I'm that Bluetooth is enabled on my phone and my phone and my headset are on the same network, I even tried to pair my headset with an another phone (a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S on Android 11) but it's always the same: the phone asks me a code but there's not any code into the headset. 

So please, can someone help me because I try to pair it for a week now and it's impossible!

Thanks for reading, and thanks if you try to help me because it's really annoying when someone is playing and you can't see his game. Bye!

7 REPLIES 7

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Try going to Quick Settings > Settings > System Settings > About > Locate the Pairing Code

If that doesn't work, you'll have to factory reset your headset and go through the setup process again where the pairing code will appear! Here are some steps for factory resetting: Factory Reset! Also, turn on the Cloud Backup feature to keep some of your games save data and progress from being erased during the factory reset! Oculus Cloud Backup!

Hope this helps! 

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

Hey, thanks !

I have a message that telling me the phone is pairing to the headset but nothing happen after, so do I need to reset my headset is there any other solution ? Thanks !

Screenshot_20220702-191720_Oculus.jpg

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

A reset will get you to the stage where you can setup your device again, and in those stages will be a part where you get to pair your headset with a mobile device! You'll have to follow the steps for factory resetting on your headset directly, those steps being: 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let me know if you need anymore help! 

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."

How are we suppose to do ? If I press and hold power and (-) it goes to the menu for factory reboot etc, but as soon as i want to press and ( + ) to move down it just restart the oculus ? 

Hey there. We know you'd rather be gaming, than struggling with pairing your brand new phone with the headset. We appreciate you trying to troubleshoot before reaching out to us.  Let's see what we can do to help you out.

Have you cleared your Bluetooth cache? It's a handy step if you can't see the headset or connect in Bluetooth.

We have provided a list of steps to follow to clear the Bluetooth cache below:

1. To do this, open Settings, and then swipe to and tap Apps.
  2. Tap the Sort icon (the down arrow with three vertical bars), then tap Show system apps.
  3. Tap OK and all the system apps will appear in the list.
  4. Tap Bluetooth, tap Storage, and then tap Clear data. Tap OK to confirm

@BenjaminDehant that is how you reboot your device. You likely need to allow your headset to update to the latest version 42.

Please let us know if this works for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I managed to do the Factory reseting, I just needed to unpress the " power " button before the "-" instead of the opposite and I could then select Factory reseting, and now my oculus can pair again 🙂

Wow, this is good news! 

The amazing teamwork you've shown was very rewarding. We hope you continue to enjoy in VR. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you run into anything. 

Always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!