cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HL2

escapeephil
Honored Guest
Hi, im on my knees trying to get (no2 literally) HL2" to work with my rift. Its bothering me that I have done everything and followed every possible angle in the other thread's and forums to a T and still no joy. I dloaded hl2 and coast full version from the steam server after hearing that its possible to use the rift within it.
With hl2 (p1) I get no rift action at all. Ive tried -vr -dxlevel110 etc and all permutations in-between. Ive opted inot the beta. ive set my screen res to 1280x800. Ive tried both cloned screens and extended.
With coast I get it working with -vr but the main menu screen that comes up, shows the fisheye look but in tiny vision and when i hit start it crashes.
All other rift examples so far work perfectly. Vr cinema, Tuscany, Hawken, (kind of looks terrible in the cockpit though) War Thunder, UDK games etc etc all working...someone please what am i doing wrong?
Massive thanks to anyone that can help me out on my journey to fixing this. I would like to purchase Doom bfg but not sure if that will work either.
Machine specs
HP z600 12 core, 24gb ram, nvidia quadro 4000, win 7
1 REPLY 1

escapeephil
Honored Guest
oh and i should say that I didn't buy the rift for gaming but i sure would like to see hl2 working in it.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?