cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands in my face

mrbungle83
Explorer
Hi, I have blue hands in my face when in rift home i didn't have it until it updated, how do i remove the hands its very annoying? i don't have the hand controllers as I only use for racing sims.
30 REPLIES 30

sdplayer
Expert Protege
You should be a politician, you can do everything except answer the question. See the last paragraph of my previous post!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

sdplayer said:

You should be a politician, you can do everything except answer the question. See the last paragraph of my previous post!

You would make a good politician as well, you avoid the primary issues!

As I stated earlier, how many people would have bought a Rift in 2016 if
they knew they could no longer access the store in VR in 2018 without
the then $200 touch?

Send me your Time Machine so that I can go back to 2016 and perform that Survey for you. Thanks in advance.

😄

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
6c1j1c1m8xme.jpg
WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there,
I do get the frustration, however:
- as it was stated, you can still access the Store from the desktop, so the Store is not locked per se.
- Oculus doesn't develop the games. The developers are the ones to choose if the Touch controllers are mandatory or not.
- it was obvious that the Touch controllers wouldn't be just an "expensive luxury add-on". The Touch controllers allow stuff that the gamepads and other remotes simply can't do, which is why they became obsolete. It is called evolution. Welcome to the Tech world! Surf on the wave or drown! (lol)
- you should ask Oculus Support if you can have a sale on the Touch controllers, due to the fact that you bought the Rift prior to their release. If you don't bargain, you won't get any result ; and if you do bargain, you may find an understanding with them.
- the Oculus Touch are definitely worth it. Not only they have the best ergonomics ever (even better than XBone), the finger tracking is quite advanced and the games it allows to play are awesome. I do get why you're upset, but I definitely recommend you give the Touch a chance ^^.

sdplayer
Expert Protege
"Oculus doesn't develop the games. The developers are the ones to choose if the Touch controllers are mandatory or not."

As far as I know Oculus never stated this back in 2016! At the time there was no reason to think both the controller and touch, at least on home, wouldn't be equally supported in the future. And since the touch controllers were going to be sold for $200, I suspect Oculus would have been reluctant to even hint to initial buyers the subsequent rapid neglect of the xbone pad in fear of the potential backlash and sales damage that could result during their contest with the Vive.

The touch controllers being any good or not is really of no relevance, but whether or not the increasing enforced use of them has violated, in any way, the rights of consumers who bought the Rift in 2016 with no interest or desire in the touch then or in the future! Ultimately, have any legal or ethical business practice lines been potentially crossed! I personally have no idea, but I intend to find out.

I've since taken up the matter with Oculus themselves and until I get a response from them I think it's a waste of time for any further posts, unless information can be supplied regarding the main question I asked earlier.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

sdplayer said:

"Oculus doesn't develop the games. The developers are the ones to choose if the Touch controllers are mandatory or not."

As far as I know Oculus never stated this back in 2016!

Oculus didn't tell you that other development studios would make games? What games were you playing in 2016? They weren't all made by Oculus lmao. Did you really think that the only games you would play on the Rift were the ones made by Oculus Studio, and no one else?!

Have you looked at the names of the development studios who made the games you listed? Arizona Sunshine and Beat Saber? Is there a reason that you think Oculus should be able to force them to write code to the XBox Gamepad? And how the heck would someone play Beat Saber with a gamepad anyway lol

sdplayer
Expert Protege
"Oculus didn't tell you that other development studios would make games?"

No, they just didn't tell me those studios would NOT be including support for the xbox controller!

"Is there a reason that you think Oculus should be able to force them to write code to the XBox Gamepad?"

Err...yes! Since it was the device sold with the headset!

I'm going to ask just one more time, can you post a reply in DIRECT answer to the main question I asked earlier!!!

If not can you just refrain from answering at all!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
No, they just didn't tell me those studios would NOT be including support for the xbox controller!

How would Oculus know what other Dev Studios plan to do in future years? You need Oculus to tell you that things may change over time, and that Oculus doesn't control every possible Dev Studio on the planet? Think about what you're saying here! lol

Err...yes! Since it was the device sold with the headset!

Have you tried playing those Hand-Controller games on SteamVR? They don't work with a Gamepad there either! So in your world, all of us Oculus Touch owners wouldn't have any games in Oculus Home unless those games also supported your Microsoft Gamepad. And you think this makes sense because... Oculus sold you a Rift with a Gamepad back in 2016. So Oculus should ban all Studios from their store who don't support a Gamepad. And Oculus Touch owners should then be forced to only play strict Hand-Controller games on SteamVR.

That's what you think makes sense?

I'm going to ask just one more time, can you post a reply in DIRECT answer to the main question I asked earlier!!!

Your main question has an invalid premise and involves an unrealistic hypothetical.

When the Oculus Rift launched in 2016, there were many SteamVR titles that we could not play because they were hand-controller and room-scale only. Vanishing Realms is one example:

https://www.vrheads.com/best-rpgs-htc-vive#realms

Rift owners had to wait for an extra sensor and hand-controllers before we could play that game. No one can force the developers of Vanishing Realms to support a Gamepad. And no one should prevent the Oculus Store from having Hand-Controller only games from being sold just because you refuse to spend $99 on the proper peripheral.

mrbungle83
Explorer
OK Back to the point of why we have hands in our Faces, don't use xbox controller don't need touch controller, never had a touch controller as I said I only use it for race simulation so touch controllers would be completely pointless, is there a way to move the hands from my face it feels horrible? also there is no touch in my devices screen.

sdplayer
Expert Protege
I'm currently in communication with Oculus (on a slightly different matter) but I have printed part of the communication below as it indicates the 'hands' problem might be solved in the next update.

"As for the store, some older functionality has not yet been implemented within the Core 2.0 software. Our team is working hard to bring all missing features back to the software in a future update. Our team greatly appreciates your patience while this work takes place."