cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware does not meet minimum requirements for rift.

VishalFuturristic
Honored Guest
4ucd3wgxo8d5.pngj29xy7a53jv9.pngHi, i want to run my unity vr game on oculus app. I have install Oculus app on my pc but it show Oculus is not compatible with this system hardware. So i execute OculusCompactCheck.exe . Which show my graphics card and processor does not meet the minimum hardware requirement. I have a pc with window 8.1 and of 8 gb ram, Intel core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz processor and have graphics card of NVIDIA GeForce 920M. I also attach screen shots for minimum requirements check.... Any help please .....
9 REPLIES 9

Richooal
Consultant
I'm guessing you don't have a PC, like you say, but have a laptop.
The compatibility check tells you that neither your CPU, nor your Graphics card, are good enough to support VR.
The only help for you is a new laptop or PC.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Upgrade. No way round it really.

cybereality
Grand Champion
That machine, and the GPU in particular, is below the minimum requirements and won't be compatible. Since laptops typically can't be upgraded, your only option is to buy a new PC. I would recommend getting a gaming desktop PC, the ones on the Oculus Ready PC list are confirmed to be compatible. Thanks.
https://www.oculus.com/oculus-ready-pcs/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

VishalFuturristic
Honored Guest
Hey guys.... Thanks for your valuable replies.

johnnycaps
Honored Guest
Get the fails the minimum specifications error message every time I start up the Oculus Rift with the following system:

Intel i7 930 2.8Ghz
nVidia GTX980
ASUS P6X58D Premium 
10GB Ram
2 Oculus Rift Sensors (not 3)

These are the games I have played with the above system and have not had a "poor experience": 

The following are when in the Steam VR environment....
Blocks
Arizona Sunshine
Conductor
Eternity Warriors VR
Nature Treks
Google Earth VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Tilt Brush

The following have worked when in the Oculus Rift environment:
EVEREST VR
VR Roller Coaster- "Cave Depths"
Disney Movies VR
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Virtual
Lucky's Tale
Thrills & Chills Roller Coasters
oculus DREAMDECK

This PC system is circa early 2010 (except the nVidia GTX980 is an upgrade from the GTX480) and to be fair I also use a from 2016 with GTX180 system that is using 3 sensors and there are moments when I notice the GTX1080 system is a bit more responsive.  However I would never describe the old circa 2010 system as giving a "poor experience" and nobody who has tried it has described it as a poor experience.   Everyone has said, "Wow".  And kids have "discussions" as to who is going next.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your CPU is below minimum specs simply because of how old it is, but for most games its more than enough. Simply ignore the message.

BTW, has someone who had a i7 920, overclock the CPU! You should reach 3.5 - 4 ghz easily.

Also, wrong board, this is about the sculpting software Oculus Medium. Maybe someone could move this thread?

1point21jiggawattz
Adventurer

Also, wrong board, this is about the sculpting software Oculus Medium. Maybe someone could move this thread?

From what I can see this is under the Support board, are you sure you're looking at the right section?
Hey, I have a signature. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I moved it already to the support section. It was originally in the wrong section. No problem.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Meat_Man
Expert Protege
Definitely shoot for a better GPU.  I'm running on a 970, and it's a great experience.  For a desktop PC, I'm finding a 970 for about $150.  Also, it is far easier and more reliable to just get a cheaper desktop PC rather than a laptop.  Laptop makers have to make sacrifices to fit all these gaming components into a small, travel size object with an already built in screen and keyboard.  The cheapest you can get a VR laptop for is about $1000, while the cheapest VR ready desktop is about $500.  Neither of those really give a good VR experience, but you get the point.