cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not charging with usb-c to c cable when playing through link (wired)

TheodonKhel
Expert Protege

Last year after one of the software updates for oculus many people lost the ability to charge their Quests through USB-C ports (any usb -c ports, not just the one on motherboard but the ones on PCI-E cards as well). 

I've went through all the possible solutions, using adapters, PCI-E cards, updating drivers, changing bios settings, changing power management settings in windows, Factory reseting the quest, clicking "deny" when prompted for storage access just like everyone else. USB-C port doesn't supply any charge at all. Only USB-C to A cable works for charging the quest, but that has only 900mA which is not enough to keep the quest for too long. Back then Oculus support actually acknowledged the issue and admitted that something was changed in the software update. But not long after that they went radio silent and changed their tune to "you are not supposed to have sufficient charging when using link". Even though before the software update everyone could play for hours because it would supply a lot of power. Not enough to play indefenitely, but the amount of time was considered good enough. Now it's not possible. I think it's time Oculus owns up to their mistakes and fix the bug that caused many people to lose capability to charge the quest through USB-C ports.

1 REPLY 1

samuelsalu
Honored Guest

Something that might help

My pcie card has a SATA power connector. When I plugged it to my PSU using an adaptor, Quest 2 could recharge while playing