cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

AJBats
Protege
I've rolled back to the windows 10 drivers on the Inateck card. I've run the IMUCalibration tool. I've even tried one guy's solution where he physically swaps the sensors. None of these user found solutions work. I need a fix from Oculus on this.

Epoxian
Explorer
Is there any update? This bug is really stopping me from using the headset.

Edit: I opened a support ticket (#312930) with logs containing lot of glitches every second for two minutes. :s

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Same here! I've had a bunch of planned time off to use VR and I haven't even touched it because of tracking issues and this

Callidus80
Protege
I've unplugged my headset and sensors until there is a resolution for this. I have stayed away from all the holiday promotions in the store, as obviously there is no point purchasing any software until it works.

I requested an update to my oustanding support ticket and the reply I received was to wait for the update.

Had this issue since December 5th.

loregnum
Adventurer
In addition to that height issue I noticed in I Expect You To Die, I often get some weird reset type thing when I turn my head 90 degrees to the right at times when playing various games. I don't ever recall this happening with a single sensor and I gather this is what some have commented on in other threads. It is very annoying and it has basically made me wait on getting a third sensor until they have released that apparent fix they're working on, assuming it is software related.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I've shared the most recent log files with the engineering team and will look to get an update on this issue. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Epoxian
Explorer
Has someone with the problem tried to use the affected rift + sensors on another PC? Or tried a working rift with sensors on an affected PC?

Or did a fresh installation of windows help anyone?

AndySledge
Explorer
Get the Same Results the Log says "[Kernel:Error] Camera frame truncated", it glitches like in the video and shifts my Guardian Wall a couple inches away. Tried all kinds of Sensor configurations like all on USB 2.0. Got a Intel USB Controller, my Rift with 3 Sensors worked fine till last Week, then this crap started out of nowhere. No Errors or Warnings from Oculus Home

Zandil
Rising Star
I get this issue in some games and just standing in the Oculus Home lobby.  Only started for me with the Xmass update to Home.

samhimburg
Protege
This is driving me crazy.  I've got a support ticket opened and I've basically been told to just wait.  Trying to provide logs and troubleshooting info to Oculus but nobody is responding to my support ticket (since last week).  How is this acceptable?  This issue completely kills the experience and makes the system unusable.  I'm sadly starting to regret investing in this system.  This is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had.