cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Same for me without faceplate. Getting "cant reach oculus runtime service". Gonna restart if it doesn't go away in a few.

gamefan101
Adventurer
My horizon is off, and I was sent the IMU utility some time ago, but I have held off using it for fear of opening another can of worms.

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Didn't work for me either. Still has the height glitching. Ran with HMD faceplate off too.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Callidus80 That's unfortunate. We'll have to continue looking into this.

If more people in this thread can share their logs (if you haven't already) it will be really helpful in getting to the bottom of this. Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, didn't make mine better or worse. Thanks for looking into it!

piraten_fisch
Explorer
Hi

I'm using the rift with a 5m extension, but i have the same problem without the extension.
The glitching is worse depending on the game that i am playing.
In Bullet Train and Superhot there was no glitching at all, but in IEYTD there was some,
in "dont touch anything" it was the worst, to a degree where the game became unplayable.

logs are attached

piraten_fisch
Explorer
well they are attached here 😉

YimboSlyce
Honored Guest
Here are my logs.  I am experiencing the same issue.

Callidus80
Protege
I have been speaking with support, they advised this is very likely a software issue and they are rolling out an update shortly. Behold! I've just noticed my machine has updated Oculus Home. Yesterday it was 1.10.321283 and today its 1.10.2.322199! 

I'm at work for the next 9 hours, would anyone who has had this issue be able to give it another try?

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
Would love to get this update. Why the hell can't we opt in when we are having issues like we are? Rolling it out randomly is absolutely non-sensical in a situation such as this.