cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DK2

kerbjumper
Honored Guest
Hello everyone, 

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 - 5000 Gaming and I am trying to setup my Oculus Rift DK2. I have everything installed and plugged in, but it is not detecting my HDMI and USB from the Rift (the Position Tracker is working). How could I get this to work? Do I need to buy some sort of adapter for my monitor or laptop? I looked through the forums but I could not find a definite answer, thanks!

The graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 1050
6 REPLIES 6

Neokin
Adventurer
If you're using the latest software, the setup is made for the consumer version of the Rift, so it will not detect other headsets. You should be able to skip that part and use your DK2 anyways.

uKER
Adventurer
Just curious (sorry for the off-topic), is it possible to use the Oculus Touch controllers with the DK2 headset?

Neokin
Adventurer
@uKER Touch controllers work with the Rift headset and sensors. They can't be used with any other headset.

kerbjumper
Honored Guest
I uninstalled the newer Oculus software and installed the Legacy program from developers.oculus.com

The Oculus now has a blue light but when I run the Configuration Utility, it says HMD powered off, Check HDMI Connection. 

The way I have it plugged in now is the DK2 headset is plugged directly into my laptop with HDMI and USB, and the Position Tracker is plugged in to my other USB port. My monitor is unplugged as my laptop only has one HDMI port. 

uKER
Adventurer

Neokin said:

@uKER Touch controllers work with the Rift headset and sensors. They can't be used with any other headset.

The DK2 is the Rift. It's called Rift DK2.
I'll take it you meant Touch only works with CV1.

kojack
MVP
MVP

uKER said:

Just curious (sorry for the off-topic), is it possible to use the Oculus Touch controllers with the DK2 headset?

Touch works by communicating with the CV1 headset using a modified version of Bluetooth LE (slightly different frequency). But the DK2 has no wireless communication hardware built in, so it's impossible for Touch to work with it.
You also can't use a regular bluetooth adapter on the PC, they can't see Touch due to the different frequency being used.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?