cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

SychoValentime
Honored Guest

My headset is going black screen and then TV noise. Then it crashes but come backs with 2 FPS of game play. I have to fully restart headset to be able to play but still dose it . Can anyone help me out here very upset because I’ve head a Rift S for 4 years now 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello SychoValentime, thanks for reaching out. We noticed that you are experiencing trouble with black screen issues and crashing. We know how disappointing this can be. Rest assured, we're here to help. 

First, we would like to start off by asking you to complete the following troubleshooting steps:

1.If this issue only happens in one app, follow these troubleshooting steps:

• Check for app specific audio settings
  • Restart the computer
  • Re-install the application

2.If all Oculus apps are affected, but only affects Oculus Home:

• Check Oculus audio settings that the Rift microphone being used

3.If this occurs outside Oculus Home and another mic works:

• Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter
  • Re-seat the Rift cable
  • Try another USB 3.0 port
  • Remove any additional microphones
  • Set the Rift as the default Windows communication device

4.If this occurs outside Oculus Home and affects all audio devices:

If the issue still persists, click here to gather Oculus diagnostic logs and click here to submit a support ticket. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Miffytrix
Protege

I'm jealous yours lasted 4 years. I had a rift s for just over a year and this problem happened. Following all their steps, didn't work. The issue would go away for maybe an hour, but it kept coming back until the day it just wasn't usable. They told me they couldn't offer a replacement as I was over a year of having it, so out of their warranty I ended up buying a quest 2.

Customer service with Oculus is very flowery and they pay alot of lip service, but in my experience, ultimately doesn't go anywhere.

So pretty much there is no fix , but just buy a whole new headset . Would buying a new display cable help any 

Oculus didn't suggest that to me and as it would work for periods, I don't think that was the issue. I don't see the harm in trying, especially if it's not too expensive, but I wouldn't bother.

I did get multiple emails offering many steps and it continued to happen with increasing frequency. I honestly believe, as the rift was being discontinued, they stopped caring to fix bugs in updates.

The quest 2 does have weaker visuals in my opinion, but not enough to bother you. The good is it feels better to move around wirelessly you can still play and access your rift games through air link to your pc. The bad is that the controllers feel clunkier and it's harder to reach the top buttons (probably not considering woman hands). The head gear feels lighter, but many people don't like the weight distribution with the original straps so opt to buy their 'elite strap' which supports your head better. I bought the elite strap with extended battery. The strap with battery really extends your game time. Without it, I feel you get maybe 3 hrs of wireless play. But If you don't mind playing while charging with a cable, that's fine.

I also recommend DO NOT buy an elite strap from Oculus as they are notorious for breaking and Oculus support very poor at replacing or refunding hardware. I had mine 3 months and cracks started appearing. I'm currently waiting for over a month to get return labels emailed to me and even when I return it, I doubt the replacement would come in a week as they promise (there are so many complaints about returns being investigated that go on for months).

Sorry for the lengthy reply. That's my experience of rift, quest and oculus support.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?