cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hmd Tracking Stutters with more then one sensor

Gravity1368
Protege

I've been having a strange problem since i got my touches in, whenever im using more then one sensor my hmd tracking jumps when turning around with my back to the cameras.

I dont run into this when using just one sensor. I can turn around and the tracking is 100% solid, but the moment i plug sensor two back in the tracking jumps when i stop with my back to my sensors. This shouldnt be happening with the hmd I would understand if it was the controllers but the Rift has tracking lights on the back of it.

I've tried using every combination of usb ports and sensor placement, from up high on the ceiling to just on my desk still the problem remains. I even borrowed one of my buddies cameras to run the experimental setup, the irony is that the controllers track great with the three cams in roomscale but the hmd does not. Playing something like jobsim on steam I will turn around to grab something and the whole world shakes like someone is bumping my sensor.

I've spent the last two days trying everything I can think of but still nothing helps other then using just one sensor. The last thing I can think of trying is buying a usb card and see if that helps. Sorry for the wall of text but I've been beating my head against the wall trying to smooth out the hmd tracking just a little frustrated at this point.

151 REPLIES 151

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please upload your log files and I'll have someone take a look. Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BCL74
Explorer
@cybereality here are the logs from today, when playing Job Simulator. The tracking was working perfectly in rec room and home, then I switched to JS. Looks like the consistent error was "[Kernel:Error] Camera frame truncated" - I did not move anywhere that would be considered outside the frame. Its strange, when I switched the cameras from the USB 3.0 card to the USB 3 ports on the front panel, they seemed to improve, until I booted up job simulator which seems to be the game where the issues are at their worst. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks @BCL74. For everyone else, please post your logs too. It's very important. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BCL74
Explorer
@cyberreality Its very strange and could possibly be a power management issue. When I had the two trackers plugged into my front case USBs, my wireless mouse (whos receiver is also plugged into the front) started glitching out, very poor tracking, etc. When I unplugged the two it instantly improved. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the windows power saving stuff- it looks like there have been similar tracking issues/errors related to power management in the past so looking at some of those potential fixes. I have the inanteck usb card, but the issues were more prevalent when I had the trackers plugged in there. not sure if its relevant but I have a 980ti and a 750W PSU... 

falken76
Expert Consultant
Mine is doing this too.  I have my second sensor on a cardboard box and I think I've bumped them slightly so I assumed it was because I didn't put them exactly back where they were originally.  I'll try setup again first, if it persists I'll provide a log too.

BCL74
Explorer
The three errors that come up consistently in the log are 1.[Kernel:Error] Camera frame truncated 2. [DisplayManager] Failed to set power mode on NVidia adapter. -175 3. [Kernel:Error] WaitForFrame request failed 

Anyone else's logs have similar errors?

when I plugged the sensors into the USB 2.0 ports and played job simulator, it seemed to work better. Will continue to test, but what I have to assume the 2.0 ports provide less accurate tracking? 

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cKa_B4Ty8 ;

here's a video of the sensor placement glitching way off.  Sometimes it works fine but recently it's been happening more frequently.  Does not make it unplayable but I have to play without guardian, which I kinda need. >.<  I have the sensors upside down which I've read can cause issues but I really have no room to put them upright in an optimal position.  Hopefully we'll get a fix or news regarding upside down sensor placement

Hey brother I had something similar though it was because my headset was not in range of the sensors. The setup screen was going berserk until I moved the headset somewhere in line of sight, then it stopped.

UdoG
Explorer
I have the same issue - will post my logs today/tomorrow.

Wildt
Consultant
Sad to report I'm seeing the same. Didn't notice it once during the entire Superhot campaign, but I'm getting it A LOT in Arizona Sunshine now :disappointed:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about that. Please share your log files so we can try to fix the issue. Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...