cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change height adjustment in Steam VR?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@DaftnDirect - You're probably the one to ask about this unless someone else knows. What is the correct way to do the height adjustment in Steam VR for fallout 4? Which setting do I adjust in the Steam VR setting? Cheers!
3 REPLIES 3

It's been a while since a played Fallout now and it changed from the process I used to use. I seem to remember it became a lot simpler but I'm away from home until Friday so I can't check it right now... if no-one else answers, I'll confirm on Friday!

OK just checked and I was still using matzman666's OpenVR Advanced Settings program to set height last time I played.

So to summarise:
Originally I used to go through the SteamVR setup and entered a height of around 139cm when it asked to put the headset on the desk, i.e. a height that was about 50cm higher than the headset was at. That just had to be done once and was remembered and didn't need Advanced Settings to be installed but the ability to do that was removed from the SteamVR setup process around September last year.

So then I had to install OpenVR Advanced Settings. Initially the setting was in the 'Offsets' tab, Y-axis, (set to -0.50) and the figure had to be set each time the game was launched.

Then OpenVR Advanced Settings was revised to include a 'Height Offset' setting under the 'Motions' tab (again a -ve figure increases the height) but now the figure is saved. You still need to set the toggle on each time though. I had this set to -0.60 so I must have decided to grow another 10cm! Using the Oculus reset position switches the toggle off and you have to go back in a switch it back on. 

This is still the method we need to use as far as I can tell but I still have v3.2.0 of Advanced settings installed and I see the latest version is now 5.2.0. available here https://github.com/OpenVR-Advanced-Settings/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings/releases

I looked through the change logs from 3.2.0 and couldn't find anything related to the height offset so I assume that hasn't changed and still needs to be switched on each time. And I don't think SteamVR has changed regarding height offset.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@DaftnDirect - Great, Cheers!