cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my profile image of my Oculus account?

Bolli66
Honored Guest
I know, this question has been asked several times but sadly the answers do not work for me... don't know why....
When I open the "Oculus App" for my "Rift" (I guess the "App" is the "Oculus Home" program on my desktop, which has been installed during the setup process, version is "1.33.0.750915"), I do not see my "Name" in the left menu, which I have to click for an image change (like stated in one answer). I only see an entry named "Einstellungen" (Settings), but this leads me to my user name, email address a.s.o. (tab "account")... no profile image. Other tabs do not help either....
So, where may I change my profile image of my Oculus account
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP
There are two ways to change your profile pic:
Mobile App
- Press settings.
- Your profile should be in a bar across the top. Press it.
- Now you should see your name and current profile on the top left, with a little blue and white pen icon over it. Press on the profile pic.
- You now have a selection of image sources. Facebook pics, oculus supplied default pics, and there should be a photo icon (picture frame icon thing). Press that last one.
- Now any image on your phone can be turned into your profile pic.

Desktop App
- Click on Friends.
- Click on your current profile pic.
- Click on your current profile pic on this page too.
- Click on Upload Picture and choose an image from your hard drive.

If you don't want friends, don't add friends. It's voluntary, nobody is forcing you.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bolli66
Honored Guest
OK,
thanks to the new year, I finally got the solution... if someone is interested 😉
I had to open the "Freunde" (Friends?!) menu in the Oculus App (left side, lower area). There, a click on my profile opened my space for friends and "Erfolge" (Successes?!). Clicking on my profile icon opens a selection where I now can change the pic... 🙂

sarayce
Honored Guest
how do I change my profile pic in oculus??? I see the other posts but this does not work for me!!! WTF ...I'm about ready to throw the dam oculus out, I do not want friends I do not want anything other than to be left alone with the dam thing...no gaming at all zukerbigbird certainly doesn't make things easy for people battling cancer and on chemo

kojack
MVP
MVP
There are two ways to change your profile pic:
Mobile App
- Press settings.
- Your profile should be in a bar across the top. Press it.
- Now you should see your name and current profile on the top left, with a little blue and white pen icon over it. Press on the profile pic.
- You now have a selection of image sources. Facebook pics, oculus supplied default pics, and there should be a photo icon (picture frame icon thing). Press that last one.
- Now any image on your phone can be turned into your profile pic.

Desktop App
- Click on Friends.
- Click on your current profile pic.
- Click on your current profile pic on this page too.
- Click on Upload Picture and choose an image from your hard drive.

If you don't want friends, don't add friends. It's voluntary, nobody is forcing you.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2