cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn this thing on....

bewareofcows
Honored Guest
I installed everything and it was working fine, I was in oculus home and I started donwloading some games. I took the headset off and the light inside the headset turned orange. When I put it back in the light stays orange and the screen stay black. Is there an on button or something I'm missing. How the heck to I reactivate the headset after its been taken off, I dont see any option for it in the oculus program.
10 REPLIES 10

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
Close Oculus home then open it back up

bewareofcows
Honored Guest
how do I open or close oculus home? I open the oculus program on my desktop and it takes me straight to store and library and doesnt give an option for opening home. I also hit the having trouble link which went back through the setup of the oculus, I got the the part where you put on the headset and make sure the green lines are clear which I cant get passed because it tells me to proceed in headset but the headset is a black screen

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
You should be able to access your Oculus home using your remote

bewareofcows
Honored Guest
Ya I thought so too but unfortunatly the remote home button doesnt work for me, nor does anything else on the remote.

Nofew
Protege
Check that your sensor is still connected. On my system, the PCIe card hosting the USB ports came loose. I /just/ got back from fixing that a few minutes ago!

As for closing Oculus Home, you can't do that within the Rift its self. Instead, on your desktop, just close the Oculus Store/Library thing. That's "Oculus Home".

I know, it's really not obvious. x.x

LV426
Protege
Happened to me three times last week. Turn off your computer and restart it. Then restart oculus. Worked for me.
Intel Core I7-3770K OC 4.2ghz Intel® High Performance Liquid Cooling MSI Z77A-GD65 Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 16GB Kingston HyperX SSD MSI GTX 980 Twin Frozr. DK2

Lemming1970
Rising Star

Ya I thought so too but unfortunatly the remote home button doesnt work for me, nor does anything else on the remote.

You have removed the tab out of the remote haven't you?
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Roaster
Rising Star
Open the Oculus app and click on the gear icon, then Settings, then Devices.  It will show you the parts of the system and whether or not they are connected.  Hit "Beta"  and Restart Oculus if you have problems.
You may have to go through the setup procedure if the headset is not recognized.
I always have to unplug and reconnect the Xbox wireless adapter before it will start working after a reboot, but it goes to sleep after inactivity as normal.  The Oculus remote may also sleep, but a button push wakes it up for me.

The headset is supposed to start the Oculus app if it's not already open, and goes immediately to the health and safety warning screen, then to Home.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

GravityX
Protege
Mine comes on when I put on the headset. There is a slight delay when you put on the headset from it's standby (orange light) mode, while it launches the Oculus Home app and starts up. At least for me.