cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i stop my left thumbstick from moving me to the left?

Anonymous
Not applicable
so about 6 months ago I started having an issue where I would slide to the left in a lot of steam vr games, I fixed it by playing the oculus versions as they came out... but now, even in the oculus versions of the games, I commonly (every 30 seconds at least and for 1-8 seconds) begin sliding to the left, even if my hand isn't on the controller, and even if the last way I moved the thumbstick was to the right. No matter what I will move to the left (trust me, I've been trying to fix this for half a year)

the problem isn't the thumbstick getting stuck to the left.
nothing sticky has every gotten onto the controllers.

the only way I can think to fix this is with deadzones, and I have no bloody clue where the ini for that would be.
15 REPLIES 15

KnightMason
Protege
I'm having this exact problem with the thumb stick going left on it's own. I already returned and exchanged this controller previously due to the trigger sticking. And that took almost a month to get. I don't want to go that long without VR again.
Even if it is just dust or something I'm not opening it to void my warranty.
But I'm guessing there is still no viable fix or workaround?

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
I posted a fix for this quite some time ago. Check out my post below. Hope it works for you.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

flamingoJoe
Explorer
i noticed this error too. it was steam based games since all of the oculus ones had either lower sensitivity or the issue was non existent. The dev of one of the games updated and the error was resolved. my guess is its software based, but check with other games you have and contact support for solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
everyone who has this issue, google for a deadzone fix, it does work but you have to follow it carefully, the values you have to change don't make to much sense I had to try it like 6 different times before I finally increased the deadzone enough (sometimes unknowingly shrunk it)

Richooal
Consultant

Ganomez said:

everyone who has this issue, google for a deadzone fix, it does work but you have to follow it carefully, the values you have to change don't make to much sense I had to try it like 6 different times before I finally increased the deadzone enough (sometimes unknowingly shrunk it)

FFS, why would you google it, when the link is just 2 posts above yours.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

That’s for NES cards