cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix: Request AccessTokenVerification FAILED 6: Could not resolve host: graph.oculus.com

idris_m
Sightseer
Hi there,

I'm having an issue with the new Oculus setup, when I run it it installs fine however when I get to the sign in part and try to sign in I get a red box with:

Request AccessTokenVerification FAILED 6: Could not resolve host: graph.oculus.com (1971012)

Does anyone know what to fix this??

I had the old runtime and the DK2 worked fine, I then uninstalled that before running the new setup, but can't get past this issue.
Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

some extra info:
running Windows 10 pro (64bit)

8 REPLIES 8

Master-Guy
Sightseer
Please confirm the following:
- Did you reboot after uninstalling the old runtime?
- Are you running any anti-malware or ad-blocking software? (these might alter your hosts file to block hosts)
- Can you send a ping to graph.oculus.com and what is the IP that returns?

idris_m
Sightseer
- Yes I rebooted after uninstalling the old runtime.
- I've only got Windows Firewall running, nothing else. However I am behind a proxy which I think is causing the problem.
- When I try to ping the address I get "Ping request could not find host graph.oculus.com"

idris_m
Sightseer
[FIXED]
Got it sorted now!
Our System Admin had to fix it.

The issue was with the proxy - which didn't work.
In the end, he had to give the PC a direct route out of the network. A lot of companies won't allow that on security grounds. However, if you can do that - it works!

cj_jackson
Honored Guest
so do i.,,
do anyone konw how to fix it?

cj_jackson
Honored Guest

idris.m said:

[FIXED]
Got it sorted now!
Our System Admin had to fix it.

The issue was with the proxy - which didn't work.
In the end, he had to give the PC a direct route out of the network. A lot of companies won't allow that on security grounds. However, if you can do that - it works!

can you give more details?
i occured the same problems

Master-Guy
Sightseer
Based on the post of idris.m, it means that the Oculus software does not work well with proxies.
What has to be done, is for your computer to be connected directly to the internet.

JoshuaJSlone
Expert Protege
I've started having this problem, too. I found that if I turn off Windows Firewall it works again, but I'm not sure why. Checking the firewall list of rules, everything that's grouped under "Oculus Software" or "Oculus Core Software" seems to have no restrictions, so I'm not sure what part of the firewall is causing troubles for graph.oculus.com.

andrinos
Explorer
While having this problem, did any of you have HDMI connectivity issues?

@JoshuaJSlone @idris.m @cj_jackson