cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix bricked oculus sensor

christopherbee3
Honored Guest
So I used the steam vr and oculus firmware update and one of my cv1 sensors just stopped working not detected on my pc and the light dim turns out its bricked any ways I could fix it? Thanks,Chris
7 REPLIES 7

Richooal
Consultant
By definition "bricked" means it can't be fixed.
If it is fixable it's just broken, temporarily unusable due to software fault etc. So, What is this "steam vr and oculus firmware update" you're referring to? I don't think there is any update combined from Oculus and Steam. Also firmware update are usually required after an Oculus desk top software update.

Please say exactly what the update(s) was/were and the version numbers. Was it a firmware update for the sensor or the headset? (if it was a firmware update).
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

christopherbee3
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

By definition "bricked" means it can't be fixed.
If it is fixable it's just broken, temporarily unusable due to software fault etc. So, What is this "steam vr and oculus firmware update" you're referring to? I don't think there is any update combined from Oculus and Steam. Also firmware update are usually required after an Oculus desk top software update.

Please say exactly what the update(s) was/were and the version numbers. Was it a firmware update for the sensor or the headset? (if it was a firmware update).

It was for both it was a steam vr update and oculus also did an update combined

Richooal
Consultant

Richooal said:

If you give no info, no one can help you.
BTW Software update and firmware are 2 completely different things. I doubt very much that you did a firmware update.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

izikmor
Honored Guest
The same exact thing happened to me today. As soon as steam vr did an update one of my oculus rift sensors stopped working, and it has a dim white light

HarcosBaji
Honored Guest
Same happened to me, did you find a solution?

jinglejr1
Honored Guest
This same problem has happened to me, and after scouring the internet, apparently many others. The one common theme with everyone's problems seems to be that they all started after an oculus software update that occurred within the past year. I don't think this is a hardware issue on most people's end. If a solution has been found or any advice can be offered, I would greatly appreciate it and I'm sure the many others like me would as well. 

impZoKa
Honored Guest
I doubt that everyone here with bricked sensors didn't do a firmware update for steam. If ANYONE has a POSSIBLE fix please post it here. It got bricked with steamvr's garbage update, I just want no forced updates like how hard is it to not understand the possible issues that're going to occur without proper testing on the hardware that they're "updating".