cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pair quest 2 to multiple phones

Slosshy
Honored Guest

I own a Quest 2. I made an account, paired my phone with the code, and it was set. I made another account for a family member, but when they download the app and try to pair their phone on their account, the code does not show up. Any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hey StarwarsFan2.0. If you're wanting to disconnect your account from the headset to pair someone else's, you'll need to factory reset the headset. This will allow someone else to setup the headset with their account and. If you have anymore questions, just let us know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, guys. I get wanting to easily be able to pair your headset to a new phone, and I know a factory reset is not the first thing you want to do in this scenario, so I wanted to hop in and help with this issue!

If you're worried about losing your data for any accounts you have on your headset and if Cloud Backup will be able to cover data from secondary accounts, the Cloud Backup is able to save data for any accounts on the headset, regardless of whether they are the main or secondary account. The feature is normally always on, but I recommend checking your headset to make sure.

As for the method of having to factory reset to pair the headset, while it's not the most ideal solution, it is right now the only one that is available to pair your headsets to a new phone. If you want this to possibly change in the future, I would recommend making a post on the Ideas Page about wanting to have this feature. Other users and developers view those posts every day, and we've seen some posts from there later be implemented in recent updates.

If you guys have any other questions, I'd be happy to help, or you can send a private message to @MetaQuestSupport as well!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Slosshy! Your Oculus Quest 2 can only be paired to one mobile device at a time, which is most likely the cause of the lack of code. 

If you need any further assistance getting your device paired, please feel free to look at this troubleshooting article or reach out to us by creating a support ticket here!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Is there any way to unpair my own phone?

Hey there! We understand you would like your phone to be unpaired from your Quest 2 so a family member can pair their phone. Here are some troubleshooting steps for you and your family member to try:

• Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Oculus application on the phone.
  • Ensure the phone and headset are connected to same wireless network.
  • Last Resort: Factory reset the headset. This will return the software to its original settings before it was paired to your phone.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, or if any of these steps work for you. 😊👌

Any plans for this to change? Seems like a real pain, when it's account specific anyways...

PITTCANNA
Visionary

look in settings in the quest menu

system, then look at about, this has your pairing code.

Is there a specific reason multiple accounts can't be hooked up to own individual phones to ensure different payment methods?

Some in-game purchases like gun raiders or beatsaber, song packs/battle passes/character skins are not shared within accounts on one oculus. That means I don't get to play on my account how I want. Big freaking flaw considering every other gaming platform allows this without major steps to the so called "solution". I am not going through all those steps or factory resetting my oculus everytime I want to purchase something on my account. What a big dissapointing flaw. If this wasn't such a thoughtful gift from my brother, I would return or sell this oculus 2 because this is rediculous.

Over all I'm very happy with the oculus.. But the fact my individual account can't purchase what I want is absolutely rediculous. I know this company has the resources to make this happen.

This is a real pain in the neck. Why specifically can't we pair it with two phones? It doesn't make any sense when sharing a quest with another person. I KNOW this company has the resources to do it. What's even the point of having more than one account if you can't pair it??

This isn't a solution.  It's a big "F- you".  There's absolutely no reason (besides developer laziness) that each user cannot have there own paired device.  My bathroom scale has 6 devices paired to it.  Please submit this issue as a software bug.

tendies69420
Honored Guest

Doesn't make sense that the quest 2 can have multiple accounts logged in but cannot be paired with multiple devices. It is absolutely a big "F- you" to its customers and terribly lazy marketing ploy to get people to buy more quest 2 - but wait, the quest 2 isn't even in stock regularly.