cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall games?

Infinite
Honored Guest
Please excuse the stupid question but how do we uninstall Games from the Oculus application?

I've tried a Google and search here but how do we uninstall games from Oculus? There is no uninstall feature? Do we just delete them from Explorer? I tried that but Oculus still says they are still installed?

I would like to be able to free up space on my OS SSD.

Thanks
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net
7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Open the Oculus app. Click Library, and then right-click on the game icon and choose Uninstall. Also, you can uninstall the Oculus app (which will uninstall all the games) and then reinstall on another hard drive with more space.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Infinite
Honored Guest
Thank you! So many titles to try 🙂
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net

worc
Explorer
right-clicking no longer works (and this is still a top result when searching for "oculus uninstall game"). the uninstall option is hidden behind the three dots and will only appear if there are no updates pending for that game.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can click the 3 dots on the bottom corner of the game icon in your library on the desktop app.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Roaster
Rising Star

worc said:

right-clicking no longer works (and this is still a top result when searching for "oculus uninstall game"). the uninstall option is hidden behind the three dots and will only appear if there are no updates pending for that game.

I caught it right after an "update" cycle when it declared the thing was inhibited. The option to uninstall returned and the reinstall cleared up the issue.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

kbrowning555
Honored Guest
i was learning how to do beatsaber witch evtually worked and I was happy.  Until I figured out I couldn't delete the songs.  so I tried uninstalling the game but no matter what it wouldn't un install.  so I tried unistalling an other application, however it unistalled perfectly fine so idk whats going on or if the mods messes up beatsaber

kbrowning555
Honored Guest

i was learning how to do beatsaber witch evtually worked and I was happy.  Until I figured out I couldn't delete the songs.  so I tried uninstalling the game but no matter what it wouldn't un install.  so I tried unistalling an other application, however it unistalled perfectly fine so idk whats going on or if the mods messes up beatsaber

its on the quest btw