cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not download the Oculus application.

theglitcher201
Sightseer
I have been having trouble since yesterday with the Oculus rift. I just bought it yesterday and when i brought it home i went to Oculus.com/setup and downloaded the setup then open it up. I get the normal "Welcome to rift... etc..." then i get to Terms and Conditions which i then accept, and then I get a page that says "Can't Connect   Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection." I have no idea how to fix this or where to begin. I've reached out to Oculus and so far, nothing. I've reached out too The Geek Squad at Best Buy where i got the Oculus over the phone and they couldn't do anything to help. I have an alienware aurora that says is already Oculus Ready and I have uses Oculus's OculusComatCheck that i downloaded from them to make sure it should work on my computer and I have everything it says it requires. So someone please help and/or get some one that works fro Oculus to see this because i spent $500 on this thing and i was really excited to use it and so far i have only been disappointed and pissed off about the whole thing
9 REPLIES 9

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Make sure if you have anti virus program.  Check to see if it's blocking the program from running. Also try running it as administrator. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

theglitcher201
Sightseer

e_m_d88 said:

Make sure if you have anti virus program.  Check to see if it's blocking the program from running. Also try running it as administrator. 

I have tried both of those and i just tried again to be sure

theglitcher201
Sightseer
It has to be just something stupid and i have no idea what to even think of. when the setup fails does it leave any sort of file that says why it couldn't?

cybereality
Grand Champion
This could be a few things. Most commonly it is anti-virus, firewall, or security software blocking the Oculus software or blocking Oculus/Facebook servers. It can also be due to insufficient disk space on your primary drive. Or it could be a local issue on your machine, such as permissions error. 

You can upload the setup log here and I can take a look:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...

Also, feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

theglitcher201
Sightseer
Here is my oculus setup log if you didnt see me post it on the url you sent me

cybereality
Grand Champion
It seems to be failing to find any harddrives and one of the errors is checking that the drive is internal. This could also happen if you have very little space left on your C drive. What does your harddrive setup look like?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

theglitcher201
Sightseer
I have it located on my D drive and my D drive is set up to be a basic drive now with plenty of space.
Can you check my setup log now? 

cybereality
Grand Champion
It appears there are no internal drives on your system, or at least the setup isn't finding them. And some other errors that appear to be some issues finding directories on your machine, it's like there are no hard drives at all. Maybe they are formatted incorrect (they need to be NTFS format) or are network drives.

theglitcher201
Sightseer
what are network drives?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?