cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like Oculus Support could have handled things a lot better

xsanight
Explorer
Ok. Let me start this off by saying that Oculus makes great VR headsets and other products. That's not the issue here. The issue is that their Customer Support is lacking. I Pre - Ordered my Rifts S and received it on  Launch Day of May 21, 2019. Unboxed it and was super excited to experience VR for the first time. I went through the setup.
Headset Paired - Check
Left Touch Controller Paired - Check
Right Touch Controller Paired - Fail
The Right Touch Controller wouldn't turn on at all out of the box. I tried multiple batteries but can't even get the LED indicator to light up. I reached out to Oculus Support and they said I would have to send back my entire unit back for a Replacement. Wasn't to happy to send back my headset but a replacement is a replacement none the less. I had to wait for a shipping label. A couple weeks go by and I never get one. Reach out to them again again and am told that they have Replacement Controllers and I don't have to send back my headset, just my controller. I thought Great! At least I'll have my headset and can destroy my arms in Beat Saber's One - Handed Mode. Another week goes by and I finally get my Return Label. Ship it out and track it. Fedex says they received it two weeks ago on Thursday. A couple days go by with no response from Oculus. I contact them again and they didn't know what was going on with my package. I send them the Return Label and wait for them to contact their warehouse and figure out what's going on. Today is June 27 and I'm honestly scared they might've lost track of the defective controller I sent them. So it's been over a month and I haven't even got to really experience my Rift S as it was intended to be used since most games require two controllers. Oh! And it takes a day just for them to respond to you which honestly I just don't get. Response times should be faster even if it's a simple, " We are checking on it and will get back to you shortly" would be nice. Extremely Disappointed this whole process is taking over a month to complete. I was able to get a controller replaced for my Playstation 4 through Sony in 2 weeks. Oculus Support can do so much better and i'm sick of the, "We've had a lot of excitement over the release of the Rift S and Quest excuse". A release shouldn't hinder your ability to assist your customers in a timely fashion. Has anyone else had a bad experience with Oculus Support? Has anyone had a GOOD experience? I'd like to know. Thank you! 
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

You are not helping all the frustrations on here are you?

Every post I make is to help people. That is why I post. If I did not I'd be like Zen and attack anyone I felt like just because they are from another Country/Culture and as if I could not see past my own.

I instead honour people of the world and I help out like it was my duty to: -

Help to installing to none OS Folder, other Drive/Partition.
Help to resolve early issues of a Blackscreen by just using the Settings>Beta>Restart Oculus
Help to reinstalling Oculus else it needs a complete fresh OS if still fails.
Help to prevent kinked cables which you'll then need replaced free if within Warranty or can prove your Purchase Receipt.
Help to get RIFT S to work in total darkness with use of IR illuminator (works better).
Help to get Games Updated once Windows Permissions messes up.
Help to get Games improved via criticism which some DEVs honoured!

All in all I am a thoroughly helpful guy whom likes KPOP. Humour is also a thing I like. I am proud to help the  community. I do not: -

Attack a person.
Call out a person for actual Spam (I know what defines Spam).
Incite hatred against a Person to gang up.
Try to Ban a Person by troll posting repeat attacks against them.

I do think Oculus should have an Official Presence on the SUPPORT SECTION of this Forum as I watched the frustration grow from no complaints and fully working to the eventual not working with a Blackscreen. I have relentlessly Helped a great deal. The few that got upset are those affected by their own insecurities and bias against others.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

Ideally the box inside the box inside the box should have had a warning label on it saying:
"This device may not work on your PC as it is not tested on it...Please try different USB Slots until one works. If it gets messed up then you may need to occasionally reinstall your OS. We do hope you enjoy your VR experience! Our Support won't be able to help you any further than our Trouble-shooting guide can."

And please explain how this helps people, cannot wait to hear this one.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Obvious Techy. It prevents frustrations on this Forum so your job is well...either non existent or easier. Hey you could just do it whilst on holiday 😉

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

Every post I make is to help people.

Most of your posts are made to blow things out of proportion.

That is why I post. If I did not I'd be like Zen and attack anyone I
felt like just because they are from another Country/Culture and as if I
could not see past my own.

That's an odd personal attack to accuse me of such a thing. But coming from someone like you, lol - it doesn't really mean anything. I have no idea where you are from nor who you are, and have never attacked you for your culture (I have no idea what your culture is).

I do, however, respond to your garbage by calling it out.

It just seems like you would rather convince yourself that you are not liked because of your "country/culture" instead of coming to terms with the fact that you really are just a terrible contributor to this community.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Such hatred.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

Such hatred.

I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you. I mean... you bring up things like "rape" and "mafia" and insult the entire community by calling them sheep. And then you whine like a child when people finally get sick of your garbage? Perhaps you need a reminder of some of the terrible nonsense you spew:

“It is highly obviously a move like a mafia trader would force. FACEBOOK - social media and corruption written into their software to force sales of new tech.”
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/657039#Comment_657039

“I
am happy to upgrade in my own time if I find a suitable PC to do so but
no need to throw away what works well by FORCE without notice nor our consent akin to rape!”
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/653309#Comment_653309

“If they optimized games to run on multi-threads then we can rescue this planet from a throwaway society of sheep led by mafia companies!”
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/585881#Comment_585881

We all break the rules to some extent from time to time, and we are all
lucky to have such great Moderators on this forum that are lenient and
forgiving. But OMFG you are an absolute unrelenting plague.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You got problems. Get outside more into the Sunshine.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

You got problems.

Yep, when people start bring up "rape" and calling everyone "sheep" then I usually have a problem. Especially when  the person saying those things serves as little else other than to reduce the collective IQ of an otherwise lovely community.

Get outside more into the Sunshine.

Take your own advice. And perhaps consider visiting either a School or Library some time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Akin to - learn what that means. Same as taking from you what you did not consent. I ran VR for 2yrs without any issue. They blocked older CPU because they could only to force new tech sales. Don't even talk to me.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

Akin to - learn what that means.

I clearly have a firmer grasp on the meaning of that word, and many others, than you.

Same as taking from you what you did not consent.

Learn what the term "rape" means. And once you do, never use it again because you are terrible at applying meaning.

I ran VR for 2yrs
without any issue. They blocked older CPU because they could only to
force new tech sales. Don't even talk to me.

That doesn't warrant the use of the word rape. If the day ever comes that you are finally gone from this forum, I think I'm going to throw a damn VR Party in my VR Home.