cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I forgot my occulus password and pin

andrew_hopson_1
Level 2
please help I just got my headset but cant buy any games as i forgot my password and pin as its been a while since i signed up I can log in to my overall account through my facebook but my facebook credentials are not registering as correct within the app or password change or pin change.
please help.
10 REPLIES 10

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
You can reset your password by going here and entering your email address: https://secure.oculus.com/forgot-password/
You can reset your pin (once the password is reset) by starting the desktop client app, then going to Settings, Account, Oculus Pin.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

user_3805616893
Level 2
I cant remember my oculus pin can you help me out

v-21
Level 2
I can't buy games its asking me for a pin but I can't mind of it asking for a pin or a password I have went to reset pin but its still asking for a password that a cant mind of doing and my email dosent let me in to it as a cant mind the password for that as my email for my account is 10 years old when a first opened a Facebook I tryed reseting it back to factory reset but when a turn it back on my Facebook account is still there there has to be some other way to find out ur pin and password 

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

v-21 said:

I can't buy games its asking me for a pin but I can't mind of it asking for a pin or a password I have went to reset pin but its still asking for a password that a cant mind of doing and my email dosent let me in to it as a cant mind the password for that as my email for my account is 10 years old when a first opened a Facebook I tryed reseting it back to factory reset but when a turn it back on my Facebook account is still there there has to be some other way to find out ur pin and password 

Did you try going to the link that kojack posted above to reset your password?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.1706)

Magma2345
Level 2

yeah and forgot passwords is usless . i was wondering if you could help in exange for me telling you this that you will have to contact oculus support they helped my friend by sending him a link with it on here is link below .but now can you help me what requirements does your oculus password have to meet because if I knew this then I could log in for example it has to begin with a capitol or something like that

HOW CAN WE HELP? - Oculus Support

doesn't work 

comiskeypigs
Level 2

I messaged customer support. From there they manually emailed a reset password link. After clicking on the link it asked for email to give me a 2step authentication code. Entered the emailed code on the oculus reset screen.  After resetting the password I needed to go on a PC or laptop and get on oculus website. Click on a game you want to purchase. Enter your password and you should be able to reset the pin from there. If that doesn’t work you might have to do a factory reset. Good luck. 

AndreGEtienne
Level 3

I followed these steps and almost a month later I still don’t have a resolution from Oculus support.  I have about 4 days until my return window closes and it looks like I’ll have to return it.  I’m beyond disappointed in the lack of customer service that I’ve received, nothing but empty promises to resolve my issue!

OculususerMonke
Level 2

I forgot my password and pin but I don’t have the device with me that has the gmail used and o can’t reset my email because you need pin and I can’t reset pin cause you need pass and I can’t reset the password cause you need gmail and I won’t have the device with that gmail till Monday EDT or EST idk