cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Error saying "We're having problems loading this" when enabling developer mode

djn121
Honored Guest

Hi everyone!

Headset: Oculus Quest 2

Problem: When I toggle the developer mode switch in the Oculus iOS app, a red banner populates on the bottom of the screen stating "We're having problems loading this. Please try again."

What I have tried: I created an oculus account, created an organization within, factory reset my quest 2, paired with my iPhone, and attempt to put into developer mode and I get the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I have deleted and created new organizations in the developer account, and I have factory reset the headset countless times.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It worked last week!!

Thanks!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Good day everyone, and thanks for reporting this. We've identified a recent issue that has come up from your reports and our software team is working on a fix now. We do not yet have an estimated time, but as soon as they're ready to send it out, it'll be made available.

We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Updates will be posted here in this thread if there's any news to share.
UPDATE 12/7/22: There's fix that's being tested right now that's rolling out to some devices. If everything goes well with that initial rollout, the fix will be delivered to everyone else. We'll update you all as soon as the final rollout is deployed. Thanks again for your patience everyone!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks everyone for your patience while the team got this sorted out. I've gotten official word that the update is releasing now for all Quest 2 and Quest Pro headsets. If you haven't gotten the fix yet, go ahead and check for updates in the settings and you should see one available. 

If anyone receives the update and is still having trouble with being unable to turn on Developer Mode, you may be experiencing a similar symptom, caused by something else, and it'd be best to work with our support team along with putting in a bug report so that the team can look into it. 

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655

JustALucker
Honored Guest

Same experience on android.

djn121
Honored Guest

Can anyone else help us?? Would love to be able to use the $300 item I just purchased......

Hello djn12. Thank you for contacting us. We understand that you're having issues enabling developer mode. Looks like you've exhausted all possible troubleshoot  troubleshooting we can do on the forums, please open a ticket so we can look further into this. Here is link to developers support site. We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jabj29
Honored Guest

I've created a dev account and created an organisation, whenever i try to enable developer mode on the app it says "We're having problems with loading this. Please try again"

Hi @jabj29,

That doesn't sound right to us either. We definitely want you to be empowered to build for the future with access to use your developer account. Thank you for using Your Community to shed light on this issue you're experiencing!

Reporting this bug from your headset or mobile app is a great first step for an error like this.

Next, we highly suggest the following plan of action:

1. Make sure you Verify Your Account if you haven't already.
  2. Update Your Meta Quest 2 Software
  3. Delete the mobile app, reinstall it, and restart your phone.
  4. Log back in to the mobile app and Enable Developer Mode.

If you need any further help just let us know. We look forward to seeing an update from you!

mattcyborgelt
Honored Guest

Same here. Already regretting my purchase.

Hey again @jabj29,

We'd like to imagine that you're totally engrossed in Developer Mode right now, too busy to respond. We just don't know though.

Did the steps provided previously help you make it past the error message you received?

Remember that if you need anymore assistance, all you have you have to do is reach out here directly in PM or contact Your Meta Quest Support Team, and you'll be in caring hands!

Did we get any solution to this problem.  Experienced the same as djn121 .

Hopperdeveloper
Honored Guest

Same problem and tried the steps noted.  Tried on iPhone, Android and iPad.  "I toggle the developer mode switch in the Oculus iOS app, a red banner populates on the bottom of the screen stating "We're having problems loading this. Please try again."

Any suggestions?