cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 3 sensors but still having problems

dan108
Level 5
hello, I have 3 sensors setup but when I play fps game I have problems to aim sometimes. the sensors seems to do not track the hands in some points of the room, and I play on a little carpet (really little) so I can just turn around myself to optimise the sensor tracking quality. but it still not enough.... I did everything was possible I guess but often if I have to aim in a competitive online shooter there are those blind spots that let the aim to be shacky enough to ruin my shot.
I know you can't do anything to help, and I will not buy a 4 sensor, just please increase sensor quality tracking for your next Oculus CV2, I will buy it and I wish to solve this problems once for all.
13 REPLIES 13

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Oculus is outside in tracking. If you are having issues and are unable to follow the instructions, please contact official support via: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/ cheers.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

dan108
Level 5

dan108 said:

the sensor cameras have a really small FOV so if I point them on the ground, at the little carpet, then they can't see my hands if I put my hands up, the sensors simply don't see them. it's impossible to tweak 100% without problems. I'm really disappointed.

The cameras have a pretty large FOV, have a look at this post

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-roomscale-tips-for-setting-up-a-killer-vr-room/

I saw the FOV of the cameras with a VR software, it's not enough vertically large to cover the floor and the top of my hands if I put my hands up. do a test yourself: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1682666568488584/

move all your sensors to aim at the center of the floor. so if you lie down to play a shooter you are "well tracked" (hope). now stand up, and move your hands up. but I'm tall 1,83cm (72.047 inches).

Other than that we should have an empty room to do that, because it's easy to find obstacles that stop the view of the FOV when pointing to the ground.

p.s.
I know Oculus is outside in tracking I was talking about other brands for a second, asking Oculus to do not do the same errors for the future.

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
What is the size of your play area? For full coverage, you will need about 3 meters and a bit distance between the sensors at around 1.7m height facing 5 degrees down from a 90 degree angle for your usecase, just like mine.

I am 1.84cm tall, my sensors are 3.2 meters apart, on a tripod at about 1.7m height. I have a central play area that tracks me on the ground and waving my hands in the air.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cleanupdisc
Level 5
I have no issues with tracking. The original poster is typing like we all have issues with tracking. I dont and most dont. So to be frank it looks like the issue is well “you” and your setup.