cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I might aswell have an htc Vive (adding payment error)

ReaginicMonk86
Sightseer
Every time i add my debit card (visa) info I always get "Error adding payment method" and i am dead certain it is 100% correct. Its been half a year since i got my oculus and the problem is still present, ive had to buy all my games from steam. I might as well have an htc vive because i cant play the damn exclusives. All i want to do is play From other suns. I have tried every single thing so all i have in my library is the free stuff Im honestly upset with oculus and its inability to fix what should be a simple problem. If anyone has found a solution to this problem that is known to work PLEASE tell me. 

Things ive tried
Using different browser, different computer, different card (both debit and credit), tried all combination of my adress in upper and lower case, paypal and yes Ive submmited one of those damn tickets. So if anyone has a solution that isnt one of these and wont take a week to get an answer PLEASE TELL.

Sorry if I sound whiney its just that i needed to vent a little and Its just that my friends all have the exclusives except for me.
7 REPLIES 7

Skysolstice
Honored Guest
Paypal seems like the correct way to solve this.  Did your account have the address correctly verified in Paypal?  Also whenever I get a card block from any transactions, I would remove the block by calling the card company.

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer
Did you reach out to Oculus?

Richooal
Consultant

and yes Ive submmited one of those damn tickets.

Did you reach out to Oculus?

I think he did.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

ReaginicMonk86
Sightseer
Nothing is wrong with the card (visa) I was told that if there was a problem then it is on Oculus's side. Yes the address was correctly verified in pay pal. Still, no dice 😞

Maybe its because i live in Canada that i have this problem?

Skysolstice
Honored Guest
You should reach out to Canadian users and see how they input their address.  Also check to see if you have a new card in the mail.  If not, then maybe add a extra source of money inside paypal.

KenSniper
Adventurer
i doubt its the country, I live on an unsupported middle of no where country and I'm still able to buy stuff through paypal on their store, just my 2 cents

ReaginicMonk86
Sightseer
Does anybody know if oculus sells gift cards like steam gift cards where you can add money to the card at a store and just buy the game through your balance on the card at the oculus website?