cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a little help with something...

MelodyIsAGamer
Level 2

Alright, so basically...

I've been trying to pair my brand new Oculus Quest 2 to my Windows 10 computer, and as an teenager, I can't seem to actually make things work out. Somehow, the Oculus app seems to be saying that the headset is connected, but when I look inside my VR, all that I see is the pair thingy. I'm not the smartest person, so this is confusing. Is the wi-fi bad? Is it connected badly? I checked and both seems fine. Maybe I just need a phone instead of a PC to do it... (Like what my sister did.) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

The initial setup must be done with a phone (android or iphone).

After it has been set up, you can then connect the headset to a PC if you want to play PC VR games instead of native Quest games. The PC can't do the setup step that the Quest needs to begin working.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

andrewP777
Level 3

Use your contoler and click "yes" when it asks to pair.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

The initial setup must be done with a phone (android or iphone).

After it has been set up, you can then connect the headset to a PC if you want to play PC VR games instead of native Quest games. The PC can't do the setup step that the Quest needs to begin working.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post