cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I got scammed

Drillprivate88m
Explorer
I "purchased" a 75 buck 128gb oculus quest, on this website. I wanna know if its fake or if i got scammed. I saved up 250 bucks so far for an oculus, then i saw this website. I got way too excited, the website is called www.ocuwuve.com
and please let me know if its fake or not, thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

niko_silvan
Explorer
Its fake, scuffed website with a deal too good to be true

kojack
MVP
MVP
It's not only a fake site (that was registered 3 days ago by a chinese company), but it's infected with malware. I'd advise doing a virus scan of your computer.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Drillprivate88m
Explorer
thank you for informing me, but, i wanna get my dads money back without him knowing i accidentally got scammed 😞

Drillprivate88m
Explorer

kojack said:

It's not only a fake site (that was registered 3 days ago by a chinese company), but it's infected with malware. I'd advise doing a virus scan of your computer.

thank you for informing me, but, i wanna get my dads money back without him knowing i accidentally got scammed 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If you paid with PayPal you could start a dispute and they may be able to get you a refund.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP
If it was a credit card (or debit card from Visa or similar) then a charge back can be done. I was able to get $3175au back with a charge back when I bought a laptop but the company went bankrupt while I waited for them to ship.
But it's not a very secret method, you have to fill out forms with your bank.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

I'd advise to let you dad know what's happened, he may not like it but he'll be greatful you told him. More importantly, if it was his payment method that was used, he'll be the best person to deal with it and get the refund.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Yep, especially if it was paid for by credit card, that means they know your number and details now. So more could happen. Plus a virus scan really should be done.
So it might be doing more harm than just a $75 bill if things aren't stopped with the bank.

Drillprivate88m
Explorer

kojack said:

Yep, especially if it was paid for by credit card, that means they know your number and details now. So more could happen. Plus a virus scan really should be done.
So it might be doing more harm than just a $75 bill if things aren't stopped with the bank.

don't worry, i got my money back guys