cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've not been able to load Home for a while now, when is this going to be fixed?

Chaoss
Expert Protege
I've tried everything from formatting to reinstalling and even just replaced my video card but Home doesn't load for me, I see the spinning circle and even when I taped over the sensor and left the Rift on for 2 days it still hadn't loaded after this time. I can use the Rift normally otherwise and everything works, I can even see when people join my home (I still get the notifications) but alas it never ever ever loads. It does continuesly use data though 'trying' to load
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."
40 REPLIES 40

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Chaoss - You need to send that to Oculus as a bug report.

Chaoss
Expert Protege

RedRizla said:

@Chaoss - You need to send that to Oculus as a bug report.

I have already along with the logs. It seems that more people are beginning to be affected by the issue anyway and I think Oculus are beginning to take notice.
"In the future we will be designing dreams, worlds & experiences rather than games."

JerryAtricks561
Explorer

Chaoss said:

Just had this happen to me today. Everything was working fine, I was in Oculus home at the time, and then I got the white loading circle and it never recovered.
I tried most of the fixes I've found Googling the issue, even uninstalled and reinstalled - twice. Still nothing. Not even the Store will load. It just hangs in that white, endless grid. 
I can see the main menu and navigate through that, I can play all of my VR games and it works as well in SteamVR. But no Home or Store. =\

Well it so happens I've found a work-around, you will unfortunately loose your home as you've set it up but you can always remake it :). So the issue simply is that the home itself (as it exists on the server) is 'broken' or corrupted somehow and because this is where you're set to land as soon as you load in, it'll never actually get done loading. Thankfuly I've found a way to get in and remove the offending home (or keep it, but set a different 'working' home as your starting home) and fix the issue.

Simply start Oculus via the desktop but do not put on your headset, then from the app go to friends and find a friend where there's a "Visit Home" button, click this and put on the headset, Home will now load up but drop you right into your friends home. From here you can then either create a new home, or set one of your other homes as your default starting home.

If you try to load into your 'broken' home (the one you had set as the default starting home) you'll find it gets stuck on "loading..." and you may even see a few unlit objects appear but it'll get "stuck" and never load.

My two best guesses as to the issue is a physics glitch (something that has physics/that you can throw,drop etc. has somehow gotten itself into a glitched out state and is causing the client to never load) or something has gotten corrupted, For me it began while I was holding something and I had a GPU crash (bad GPU) and because the object was being actively held at the time, it didn't have a 'saved' position. So the client is loading the object but it doesn't have any coordinates and doesn't know what to do and crashes. I'm certain it's a simple oversight and is actually a fairly simple fix once the exact cause has been found.

The issue was in 1.34 as well, so it is NOT to do with custom homes, and I don't believe it's to do with custom objects either.

This worked! Thanks, Chaoss! 

Webbefieldzz
Explorer
MY VERSION OF CHAOSS WORK AROUND
Chaoss is 100% right: it was an issue with a corrupted home
I had no friends in oculus, so that's what I did:

1) created a new oculus account
2) Logged with new account.
3) Added my original user as a friend and accepted the friendship.
4) logged with original login, went to "friends" and visited my other login (friend) home.
5) once on that home, accessed mine, removed the other 2 homes I had (had 3 in total).
6) on my main home, I cleared all objects and came back to default.
7) opened my Oculus and VOILA! my original home opens, my store opens.

How I messed up from the begining...

Right after I've got my Rift S, I started to mess around with my homes. added more objects to the default, and created 2 more homes. I guess it corrupted for some reason my main home, or one of the other 2.

My last thoughts.

I'll keep my one and only home and that's it.

THANKS YOU CHAOSS and the other guys to share their experiences and ideas. I was about to return my Rift S this week but should not do it thanks to you.

Thanks

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer
this did not work for me. i have made 4 new accounts, and NONE can access a home.
I have done it all. and its annoying AF

RO4DHOG
Honored Guest
DEFAULT HOME CORRUPT / INFINITE LOADING ICON.

SOLVED: Change to a different default home

1. Visit someone else's home, using Oculus desktop, that will get you into the VR home construct in your headset.

NOTE: if you get a spinning load icon (for more than 10 seconds...), close Oculus desktop and start again.

2. Once in, use your controller to navigate to PLACES and then to YOUR HOMES (Do NOT view the broken home). 

3. Click another home if available, then click the triple dot icon (upper right corner) and select as default.

4. Finally, select the broken home, then click the triple dot icon (upper right corner) and select DELETE (if desired).

5. Your new home is ready.

sh0v0r
Protege
Digging this up... I don't have a Facebook account and recently I noticed Home will never load anymore.

I was going to attempt the suggestion of connecting to a Friends Home and creating a new one but I don't use Facebook and it won't let me connect to it.

The required Facebook integration is a massive 'friction' issue. I deactivated my Facebook account 2 years ago for mental health reasons (It was positive, I recommend it) I have no desire to use one or create another.

So I guess too bad too sad for me right?

sh0v0r
Protege
So I made a new shell FB account and this solution does not work for me. 

2 1\2 years later ........... hello vive

Adeptius
Honored Guest
Bug in Openssl make unreal engine (oculus home) broken on 10th or newer Intel generation processors: