cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've purchased Superhot now I want the Touch Launch Bundle - Can I get a discount?

Anonymous
Not applicable
As the title says.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

elboffor
Consultant
I'm going to speculate wildly here and go with a big fat NO.
I hope I'm wrong
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

elboffor said:

I'm going to speculate wildly here and go with a big fat NO.
I hope I'm wrong

It's what I expect too. But I want the climb as well after reading more about it so thought may as well get the bundle if they would discount the cost of Superhot and get the other 3 games as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
maybe you can ask if you purchase the bundle first (and prove it), if they'll refund the original purchase of superhot?

falken76
Expert Consultant
I bought the bundle because I wanted to get most of the games.  The bundle is an incentive discount, I really doubt they'll give you a discount now since you didn't go for the bundle and that is the entire point of them offering the discount in the first place.  They don't even do refunds like steam if the game performs poorly or you don't like it.  But it never hurts to ask, open a support ticket and see what they say.  The worst they could do is tell you to pound sand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

whoa182 said:

maybe you can ask if you purchase the bundle first (and prove it), if they'll refund the original purchase of superhot?

Thanks, there's a thought but I didn't think Home did refunds? Do you know who I need to ask/email? I haven't needed support before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

falken76 said:

I bought the bundle because I wanted to get most of the games.  The bundle is an incentive discount, I really doubt they'll give you a discount now since you didn't go for the bundle and that is the entire point of them offering the discount in the first place.  They don't even do refunds like steam if the game performs poorly or you don't like it.  But it never hurts to ask, open a support ticket and see what they say.  The worst they could do is tell you to pound sand.

I love Superhot, so had to get the VR version. I hadn't even realised there was this bundle. But thanks, I'll contact support see what they say. Do you know? are they any better/faster than Steam support in answering?

elboffor
Consultant
I wouldn't want to rob you of the full experience of oculus support, so I'll not answer that.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I'm not sure, I would assume their ticket system for support will prioritize the tickets and I would assume that asking for a discount because you didn't take advantage of a package that already existed would rate somewhere near the bottom of the priority list.  Some people wait a long time for support on hardware issues with the headset itself.  They've gotten much better as time goes on, but your request will most likely be low priority.  Hopefully it isn't an enviornment where they let support Cherry pick the easy ones, because they'd probably say "This is easy, NO.  That ticket is now closed, there's only a million more, but I got one more completed ticket for my stats"  I've worked in back office positions that handle these things and metrics are everything, I would cherry pick like that to keep my stats up.  Most places don't let you cherry pick like that because the real problems get skipped over for the easy ones.  Hopefully Oculus is set up like that.