cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install the Oculus App to a different folder on a different drive

sfried
Level 2

So I'm well aware of the awkward solution with how to get the Oculus app to install on a different drive other than C: through this posted support article. What it doesn't tell you, however, is how to change the the default folder to something other than what the installer assigns upon determining it isn't the C:\ drive.

By default, the Oculus app installs in "C:\Program File\Oculus", but if it's setup in any other directory other than C:\ using the "/drive=" command for setup, it will then simply default the path to "X:\Oculus" where "X:\" represents the drive letter of your choice.

However, if I want to install the Oculus app to, say, "D:\VR Games" or even "D:Program Files\Oculus", I'm simply not given the choice to alter the directory even though I changed the drive path. It also makes no sense that the setup will display this folder path but gives no option for the user to alter it.

I've tried using OculusSetup.exe /drive=d /path="D:\<Install directory here>"  but to no avail. OculusSetup.exe /help does not give any syntax guide with how to alter BOTH drive AND directory for the installation. I was wondering if the option to change the folder path is also a hidden function much like "/drive=", but I've seen no solutions.

1 REPLY 1

InfernoWalker
Level 2

I too would like to know if it is possible to install the software on a different drive in a specific folder.

Surely this can not be to difficult to answer by the people who make the software, it can only be one of two possible answers.

1. No it is not possible, sorry!
  2. Yes, you can use the following command line argument.

Getting a response on this question would be appreciated by quite a few people judging by a quick Internet Search.