cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing older runtime

Ariejohannes
Honored Guest
I just bought a VR ready pc especially for FlyinsideFSX.
I need to install runtime 1.3 but the download center file has no autoexecute installation file and if I do it the normal way I will get the latest version 1.7 what I don't want yet.
Any suggestion's?

Ariejohannes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
The installer always downloads the latest version, which is 1.7 today. However, there is no need to use older versions. Everything that was built for 1.3 or newer will continue to work for the lifetime of the product.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
The installer always downloads the latest version, which is 1.7 today. However, there is no need to use older versions. Everything that was built for 1.3 or newer will continue to work for the lifetime of the product.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Astrotreks
Honored Guest
cybereality, from my understanding the ability to have the oculus act as a screen extension is no longer supported in new versions. 
My question is, when I install the older version, is there a way to keep it from updating?

Astrotreks
Honored Guest
@CindyHaaby
Those are links to how to write an essay and homework policies. 
Did you mean to post those links?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Older versions will not really work. The installer is online (when you run it, it downloads the latest version) and, even if you found an old version, the software will update almost immediately. What is it you are trying to accomplish? I can't imagine many reasons where you would need extended mode and it's probably not the correct method for any sort of project.

Retroman1972
Honored Guest
how bout the fact that the new version is a stuttering juddering ghosting lagging nightmare! makes my 2080 ti feel like a fisher price graphics card and ive tried everything under the sun to figure it out. The minute I get into a game it starts the problems and I exit the game and it carries over into oculus home for about 60 secs before it stops ghosting.  the games most problems are vr chat...bigscreen vr and the blu… something happened with your update I use to play these games flawless

flexy123
Superstar
This is definitely not so and VERY likely is something with your setup and/or drivers. There could be MANY reasons of what's going on:
* You're using SuperSampling with Oculus Tray Tool or Steam which could, depending on setting, even bring down your GTX 2080 TI.
* Something off with your drivers. (Use DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and install the latest Nvidia drivers. Don't use Geforce experience. I am using 416.34
* You plugged the Rift in the wrong port or you're using some type of extension which is too long, or some USB/HDMI extension/repeater?
* Something with your board, BIOS settings and/or USB drivers
* Something with your Windows setup
* Some software running (MSI Afterburner) or some AV software and/or malware
* Zillions of other possibilities, like temperature problems with your PC/GPU or even a defective card.