cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid email and can’t reset PIN

ghoulzyy8942
Honored Guest

Hi - my son set up his Oculus Quest 2 but inadvertently used my old and inaccessible email address. He now needs a PIN to purchase games but I can’t get him a new PIN (using the Forgotten PIN link) as it send a rest link to my old email.  Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

22 REPLIES 22

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, we're sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble retrieving your old email address. We're here to help! You may want to reach out to the provider such as Google/Yahoo for assistance on retrieving old email address or create a new email address all together. Perhaps, you can then reset your Oculus PIN by following the instructions below: 

• Go to https://secure.oculus.com/my/profile/
  • Click on Security from the left side
  • Click on Edit next to PIN
  • Click on Forgot PIN
  • Click on Request PIN Reset
  • A reset link will be sent to your email address
  • From your email click on the link and you'll be able to reset your Oculus PIN

When you click on the reset link from your email, if you encounter an error: "Whoops, looks like you are lost", then please log in from that page and it will redirect you to the PIN Reset page.

Please note the following: 

• We recommend you to do this from a PC web browser (not a mobile App) as this method will not ask you for an OLD PIN that you may not remember.
  • Be sure that you are logged into your Oculus account before clicking on the reset link from email,
  • Do not use incognito mode in your browser since it will not remember your login session

Hope this is helpful! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

SunshineZombieGirl
Honored Guest

This doesn't work if your pin reset is being sent to an invalid email that you can't change because you need the pin to change it, which is what the user said.

parkerlololol
Honored Guest

I have the exact same issue going on. I chatted with them and they said they would fix it in 2 days but can you tell me how you fixed it? 

Hello, thanks for contacting us! We noticed that you are experiencing trouble resetting your PIN due to receiving invalid email address error message. We understand how disappointing this can be. Help is here for you! 

Upon review, we noticed that you have an open support ticket that is currently under review. We are actively investigating your issue.

Please stand by as your agent continues to work towards resolution for this matter. 

Thanks in advance for your patience. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

potaoehead
Honored Guest

I have the same problem.  I cannot retrieve the pin.  The email is inaccessible,  But I cannot change my email address without the pin.  Please allow me to change my email address to the right one so that I can reset a pin - otherwise, I cannot make any purchases.  Thank you.

Arhuman
Honored Guest

Same issue: Can't change PIN because email now unreachable, and can't change email because it requires PIN
Note: Although I managed to change my principal email in Facebook (to a reachable one) the oculus account still points to the old one...

If you are unable to access the email attached to your Oculus account, we would be more than happy to help you change it so that you are able to get back into the virtual space. Please click here https://ocul.us/OculusCommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Lost pin and email 

I am having this problem too, I cannot retrieve the pin.  The email is inaccessible,  But I cannot change my email address without the pin.  Please allow me to change my email address to the right one so that I can reset it please.